Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,022
# 51
05-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Well, 2 Photonic Fleet issues have been taken care of it seems. The cooldown reduction is working for me, at least most of the time. I, too, notice a handful of times it didn't seem like I was getting my cooldown reduction, but most of the time it worked great.

The second fix... well... it was somewhat successful. The Photonic ships now appear as tho they are actually trying to follow me around, but unfortunately they are still too slow to actually achieve this.

Is there a chance we can get whatever mechanism is in place for Fleet Reinforcements to copy over to Photonic pets? I never before felt as tho my reinforcements were too slow to keep up. (Well, the Atrox was a little sluggish, but that is to be expected ) Perhaps if they were bumped up to the state that the reinforcements are currently at they would manage to follow me successfully.
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 05-17-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 52
05-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]A new space trait has been added for the Reman species called Infiltrator.
  • This trait grants defense, a boost to stealth radius while cloaked, and increases the duration of the Ambush bonus granted to your ship when it decloaks.
[*]Clarified the descriptive text for Photonic Capacitor.
[/list]

Photonic Capacitor: Borticus mentioned that last patch this trait wasn't working and that it would 'next build' (patch?). Is this the case? Is this trait working now?

Infiltrator: I'm sorry but I think this is quite an unfair trait advantage. The ambush bonus is the de-factor 'big thing' for cloaking ships... particularly the duration when used with cannon weaponry. If anything I think this trait should be universally available as a level 40-50 trait.

The remans should have something more suitable to their canon role. They were slaves, oppressed... why not give them a trait that gives them a very high resist to snare/hold & power drains?
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 741
# 53
05-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlaghghee View Post
Difficulty does seem to be off. Enemies take longer to die and hit harder than expected, and I even took a hull injury on Normal mode.

Didn't die that many times though.
You know that happened to me once on the Crystalline Entity. It was really weird. I mean it was the first time I had died that match. The only thing that made sense was that I had run an elite STF on another character and switched over before I ran the Entity event. Still weird though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Photonic Capacitor: Borticus mentioned that last patch this trait wasn't working and that it would 'next build' (patch?). Is this the case? Is this trait working now?

Infiltrator: I'm sorry but I think this is quite an unfair trait advantage. The ambush bonus is the de-factor 'big thing' for cloaking ships... particularly the duration when used with cannon weaponry. If anything I think this trait should be universally available as a level 40-50 trait.

The remans should have something more suitable to their canon role. They were slaves, oppressed... why not give them a trait that gives them a very high resist to snare/hold & power drains?
Well keep in mind that these are the people that invented the Scimitar.

I was thinking the Remans should have a nightvision ability, so if your captain is a Reman in something like say, the bowels of Drozana or the Starbase Saboteur ground fleet action, then you get to see things like the lights are on. Which is consistent with them being from deep dark underground mines and being sensitive to lights (and looking like Vulcan Nosferatu Vampires and bats).

I don't think anyone develops bonuses from being slaves.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,754
# 54
05-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Photonic Capacitor: Borticus mentioned that last patch this trait wasn't working and that it would 'next build' (patch?). Is this the case? Is this trait working now?

Infiltrator: I'm sorry but I think this is quite an unfair trait advantage. The ambush bonus is the de-factor 'big thing' for cloaking ships... particularly the duration when used with cannon weaponry. If anything I think this trait should be universally available as a level 40-50 trait.

The remans should have something more suitable to their canon role. They were slaves, oppressed... why not give them a trait that gives them a very high resist to snare/hold & power drains?
Well, now there's actually a tradeoff when using Remans instead of Romulans, instead of "OH NO! MY CLOAK'S USELESS!! ", which is what the result would be if a hardcore PvPer (for example) was forced to use the Remans.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,118
# 55
05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Curious, the system messages to entering/exiting voice chat channels. Does this actually do anything to fix you never leaving the voice chat channels, or is it only adding in the system messages?

Many people just gave up on them because after having 10 voice chat channels open the game is a mess.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,390
# 56
05-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer
[LIST
[*]There are now System messages for joining and leaving Voice Chat channels.[/list]

This game has voice chat?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 57
05-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Update ( & feedback for Borticus):


Photonic Capacitor:

The time reduction is working now but it is still problematic.

Issues:

The bad: The following abilities do not trigger cooldown:

Tachyon Beam (I was shocked at this one..this is the dev red-headed antichrist stepchild sci ability isn't it? )
Scattering Field
Tractor Beam
Repulsor Beam
Grappler console
Native subsystem attacks (granted its a tac skill but its native to sci ships so it should in my opinion)
Science Fleet
Photonic Officer

The good:

Tested abilities that do trigger reduction:

Science Team
Power Siphon
Photonic Shockwave
Transfer Shield Strength
Tyken's Rift
Gravity Well
Subnucleonic Beam
Viral Matrix (very nice change from it being a silly probe to a purple beam.. may I suggest the affected ship get an 'energy zaps all over hull' effect to display the virus wreaking havoc?)
Sensor Scan
Particle Burst
Scramble Sensors
Jam Sensors
Feedback Pulse
Hazard

Interesting things I noticed:

1. Graviton Pulse console does trigger reduction.
(So there may be other universal consoles that trigger it.. I dont own a vesta so I'm guessing the vesta abilities would trigger them too?)

2. Photonic Shockwave torpedo does not trigger reduction but photonic shockwave does.

3. Even at max level the photonic fleet does summon an escort from time to time.


I re-did my test of putting all 'working' abilities that reduce timers in cmdr sci and lt cmdr sci stations and ran them one by one to get the max reduction possible...

and I was correct in my original assessment. It does not matter what you do, there simply are not enough sci boff slots to have a continuous reduction proc triggering due to the sci ability timers. It is doubly problematic for any workable science ship build that focuses on one or two sci-stat based abilities (flow cap or graviton/particle or sensor based) and uses two versions of one ability (aka grav well 3 and 1)...

...there simply is no way to reach the reduction cap and get the timer down to 80 seconds.

Suggestions:

1. Once the non-triggering sci skills are set to enable the triggering of the proc, it would be much better to remove the 10 second delay and make it so any sci ability triggers a 10 second reduction.

Since you can't summon more than 1 fleet at a time (right?) there'd be little to no problem since technically there would be a hard timer of 1.5 minutes between uses of photonic fleet (7 possible sci abilities triggering 10 second proc and each sci ability having a 30 second timer avg.. even if you trigger all 7 at once and all have 30 seconds timers you reduce 1.1 minutes per trigger ...and to reduce the 4 minutes would require 3 triggers which is 1.5 minutes worth).

2. Make the summoned ships match the ship type that summoned them and have those ship types have a specific AI function? Aka if player is in a sci ship then summon sci ships..if an escort then summon escorts.

Function:
Escort: High damage, low shield/hull.
Cruiser: Medium damage, high shield/hull. Taunts.
Science ship: low damage, good shield/hull. Heals player and team. Follows summoner.
Civvie ship (aka Tuffli/D'kora): Summons frigates. Low damage, medium shield/hull. Tractors.
Carrier (meaning ANY ship that has pet command window..escort carrier to flight deck cruiser to full carrier): Summons 12 fighters (toduj types). Give the carriers some pet spam love


Conservation of Energy


I did not notice any visible increase in grav well, tyken rift drain, particle burst or feedback pulse.

The proc shows as being active in the screen but the combat log really doesn't show a 10% increase.

I would suggest the proc be allowed to stack 10 times and also be allowed to boost flow capacitor abilities. After all, if its 'conserving energy' it should involve the flow capacitors too no?


Misc Suggestion:


Tachyon Beam: Would it be possible to change this ability a bit so its effective in its intended purpose?

Have it do:
Drains only the shield facing the beam is hitting.
Prevents shield HP from being transferred to the shield facing the beam is hitting.*

* This means target using tac team or shield balance ability will have shield power be balanced to all but the shield the tachyon beam is hitting.

This way it synergizes with the doff ability that lowers turn rate, it synergizes with the ..well, the freakin' purpose of the beam which is to drain the shield so the anemic-armed sci ship can pop in some damage to the hull AND most importantly: It makes sense.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg

Last edited by cmdrskyfaller; 05-17-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 751
# 58
05-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post

Conservation of Energy


I did not notice any visible increase in grav well, tyken rift drain, particle burst or feedback pulse.

The proc shows as being active in the screen but the combat log really doesn't show a 10% increase.

I would suggest the proc be allowed to stack 10 times and also be allowed to boost flow capacitor abilities. After all, if its 'conserving energy' it should involve the flow capacitors too no?
Just wondering if your not seeing any damage increase since grav well is still classified as doing kinetic damage? or is CoE supposed to add exotic damage to the grav well? I can't tell all the moment from information i've seen on tribble.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 741
# 59
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post


Misc Suggestion:


Tachyon Beam: Would it be possible to change this ability a bit so its effective in its intended purpose?

Have it do:
Drains only the shield facing the beam is hitting.
Prevents shield HP from being transferred to the shield facing the beam is hitting.*

* This means target using tac team or shield balance ability will have shield power be balanced to all but the shield the tachyon beam is hitting.

This way it synergizes with the doff ability that lowers turn rate, it synergizes with the ..well, the freakin' purpose of the beam which is to drain the shield so the anemic-armed sci ship can pop in some damage to the hull AND most importantly: It makes sense.
I just want to say that this is an absolutely brilliant solution.

An alternative suggestion.

Make it more canon. Make it a tachyon burst. The burst would disrupt the alignment of the shields thus reducing shield resists and generating more bleed through across the board, while making more of a torpedo in application than a beam would allow it to be useable in more situations and more vessels, by virtue of one not having to keep a ship in the firing radius, making it fire and forget.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 60
05-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
I just want to say that this is an absolutely brilliant solution.
Thanks.

Quote:

An alternative suggestion.

Make it more canon. Make it a tachyon burst. The burst would disrupt the alignment of the shields thus reducing shield resists and generating more bleed through across the board, while making more of a torpedo in application than a beam would allow it to be useable in more situations and more vessels, by virtue of one not having to keep a ship in the firing radius, making it fire and forget.

Well, there is particle burst which rips shields apart rather nicely and there is also ship and console abilities that disrupt/debuff shields (kumari sci and kdf elite disruptor proc).
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.