Commander
# 11
05-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Doesn't say anything about carriers, but it also doesn't say that the don't exist. The closest thing to support the "no carriers in Star Trek" argument is the part that states "stay away from Buck Rogers concepts." That's about it. It's pretty much a blanket statement and maybe this is why all the ships use the same idea for a basic hull outline? Still, I don't consider a carrier to be a "Buck Rogers concept". So, keep them coming and the fighters too.
VA Makbure
The 47th Defense Division Special Ops
Commander
# 12
05-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
Clearly, the writers of Voyager, Enterprise and JJ's Star Trek never saw that guide.
i.e., Into Darkness, the Enterprise is in the atmosphere AND underwater.
VA Makbure
The 47th Defense Division Special Ops
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
05-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Great resource. Thanks, OP.
Ensign
# 14
05-17-2013, 07:39 AM
I lol'd at the last question and answer. "We tried, but we couldn't keep it lit"
Ensign
# 15
05-17-2013, 06:57 PM
I see this was made after Balance of Terror, the entire first season in fact. Love how the examples are almost identical to things from the first season: it was referred to as a united spaceship of earth, hugging the yeoman when destruction seems certain (balance of terror)....not sure I buy this source as legit.
Career Officer
# 16
05-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemaggies View Post
I lol'd at the last question and answer. "We tried, but we couldn't keep it lit"
This made me laugh out loud as well. Goes to show what a different time it was.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast
Captain
# 17
05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauron95521 View Post
...not sure I buy this source as legit.
Yeah, the fact that it's typed, rather than scanned is suspicious. However, it appears to match up with scanned pages here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault...al_series.html

The question is whether or not the original scanned pages are authentic. I'm not saying it isn't a cool resource, just that the announcements linked in the article above only say "we've acquired the book!" not "we've acquired it, and here's proof it's the real deal..." Then again, it is Harvard that acquired it, so that gives it some credence.

Also interesting is the Star Trek II guide (also of questionable authenticity): http://www.abebooks.com/Star-Trek-II.../1414959298/bd