Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,077
# 101
05-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachenfeles View Post
are you guys talking about this 'last stand' mission where you defend space station against three waves of elachi?
Devil's Choice...where you return to New Romulus to defend against the three waves of Elachi. Fast attack, move back, Cruisers, move back, Command/Dreads...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,003
# 102
05-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
I'm a 1000-day veteran. Those accolades transferred to Tribble. At 600-days, you get a free vice-admiral ship token. I used mine to purchase the T'varo Retrofit.
odd I'm lifetime subscriber and have received all the other LTS rewards, maybe a bug for me then on the ship token.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 129
# 103
05-18-2013, 02:27 PM
well, I just did last stand
I was flying kamarag with skeleton crew - ie. not all abilities, using crappy reward mk IV-VI guns and shield... just killed them all, yep they did reduced me to 13-17% hull twice, but only because I was sloppy, no death btw and looking forward to Defense of Romuls in that case
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 104
05-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Again, not Last Stand.

"The Defense of New Romulus" is the last objective in the "Devil's Choice" mission. An entirely different animal, and just one of the easier wave in "The Defense of New Romulus" makes anything in Last Stand look trivial.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 105
05-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Again, not Last Stand.

"The Defense of New Romulus" is the last objective in the "Devil's Choice" mission. An entirely different animal, and just one of the easier wave in "The Defense of New Romulus" makes anything in Last Stand look trivial.
Idk if they comprehend subtly of the fact you just said.

so i will give it a go


THIS IS NOT LAST STAND!!!!


Ok lets see if the point gets across now
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
# 106
05-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachenfeles View Post
well, I just did last stand
I was flying kamarag with skeleton crew - ie. not all abilities, using crappy reward mk IV-VI guns and shield... just killed them all, yep they did reduced me to 13-17% hull twice, but only because I was sloppy, no death btw and looking forward to Defense of Romuls in that case
Last Stand isn't difficult. If you are careful with your aggro, you can only fight one ship at a time. It's tedious that way, but not hard. Even fighting an entire group, it's just like any other nomral Elachi spawn. It's nothing compared to Defense of New Romulus.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 78
# 107
05-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Dunno if I'd say that. Last Stand has lots of 'upgraded' escorts flying around. Didn't notice any 'upgraded' ships in The Defense of New Romulus... swarms and swarms of ships, yes, but all standard grade.

Not that it made much of a difference in that final wave. Ally ships ended up constantly repairing themselves, but still somehow managed to fight and thus continue to draw aggro. Which is probably the only reason I managed to whittle the command ship down over the course of quite a few deaths.

A mission should NOT turn into 'decloak, fire off a few shots, get blown to bits before your can recloak' over and over again... but it did. Because apparently every ship in the Elachi fleet has decided to stop what they were doing and crescent blast my d'deridex out of the void whenever I pop in to take pot shots at... well, anything. And before any of you say anything, no, I was not AoE'ing and thus drawing unnecessary aggro. I was focusing my fire and still having everything pissed at me.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 291
# 108
05-18-2013, 03:08 PM
yhea I confused the two name wise, corse I was at work, so eh
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 212
# 109
05-18-2013, 05:43 PM
On the whole they're not bad, except that disco light thing they use tends to be a bit annoying. The only thing that really PO's me is that (expletive deleted) crescent power shot thing that completely wipes out your shield and 20% of your hull, that tickes me off to no end.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 424
# 110
05-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post

I have been playing since closed beta of STO, so I have a good grasp of tactics.
Those of you who find it easy, what level did you do it at?? Lvl 50?? Above the intended level??

If so, it should be a bit easier, since you get better ships and equipment...

If not, then I have no clue as to how some finds it to be a cake walk, and others are being ground into tiny little pieces...
Ramming Speed is how I ended up resolving it to be honest. Picked off a few stragglers then when I got the big ships attention blew up in their face. Just got frustrated with waiting for a ship to recover to try to have some focused fire going on.

I really think the bulk of the problem is the vast majority of the support gets vaped immediately by the cones.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.