Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Wasteland Story Arc
05-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I absolutely hate this, It's all ground combat, seems to be almost no space battles. Is there a whole quest chain that is nothing but space combat? that would be awesome, ground combat in STO is really not something I could ever see myself enjoying. I'd be the captain that would let my 1st officer do all the away missions. the ships my baby, i'll be damned if I'm gonna leaver her if you know what I mean
Captain
# 2
05-17-2013, 06:05 AM
There's some good space combat in "The Undying", but it is rather short.

The reason there's so much ground action is that they want people to spend more time on Nimbus III, which was probably expensive to make. I don't think the nature of the missions needed an adventure zone, though.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-17-2013, 09:13 AM
I prefer space combat myself, but Nimbus III is really well done. Give it a chance, the Dev's did a really admirable job on the planet.
Rihannsu
# 4
05-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Hehe.... I loved it. But I love ground comabt in STO sooo.... I had a lot of fun wandering around and massacring everything I saw. It's like.... Oh look, enemies! I wonder what mission they're part of? Enh... who cares? I'm gonna kill them for the fun of it! Hacking graboids apart with a sword is fun! It's easier with a repeating pistol though.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 5
05-17-2013, 02:55 PM
i am not a huge fan of ground combat but i did think it was pretty enjoyable.

the undying mission in particular