Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #20
05-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Content Designer Matt Miller shares details about the updates to the Klingon faction's progression in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
05-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Hopefully we'll continue to see more and more KDF development.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 3
05-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Not going to lie, referencing one of the best Klingon focused DS9 episodes as part of the inspiration for making KDF content is not a bad thing.

Now for my usual refrain: specific stats and/or details on the consoles please?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2013, 12:09 PM
It took you 3 years Cryptic but thank you for finally getting it done!
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Career Officer
# 5
05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
That T2 BoP looks like a Klingon engineer said "I like the To'Duj; Lets make it into a Bird of Prey!"
Career Officer
# 6
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Content Designer Matt Miller shares details about the updates to the Klingon faction's progression in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Grammar error:

They can be used as scouts, raiders or patrol ships. While they?re vulnerable when cloaked, their speed and vulnerability make them hard to hit.

I'm guessing this is meant to be maneuverability...
Career Officer
# 7
05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Well I'm glad I already played the new Klingon tutorial and starter missions on Tribble, because SPOILERS EVERYWHERE! That said, kudos to the whole team on the new missions because they are awesome! When you first released LoR on Tribble, as I play tested the Romulan missions I felt for sure that the Romulans were going to take the honor of having the highest quality missions in the game, but no, the KDF takes their game up to the next level. Both the Romulan and Klingon starter missions put the first half dozen Federation missions to shame.

Also KDF players finally get access to a variation of the Fed Oberth console. And the Shield Destabilizer console combined with the Leach console sounds like it's going to become the must have combo for all KDF and KDF-allied Romulans.
Career Officer
# 8
05-17-2013, 12:21 PM
The whole beginning stage on the BoP and how you gain your first ship. Epic! gonna have to reroll my lower level sci officer to soak in all this new awesomeness!
Empire Veteran
# 9
this is what i did on the tribble weekend, play the new kdf stuff. its by far the best improvement to existing content they have done, and the new tutorial is extreamly good, very klingon imersive.

to bad the blog spoils it all! all the connections with k'mtar, drake and the federation owing his father a favor, and how alexander was shaped by meeting his future self. then assuming that role when he got older, not even aware that he was always k'mtar all along.

great story telling, and fun enough to not be overshadows by the romulan content.

how about some new kdf fleet ships for LoR launch?! so many unused raptors and bops, with 1 more cruiser thats once again usable. with c store costumes people would buy if they could use that ship at end game
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Republic Veteran
# 10
Great stuff! So happy about this expansion. Now all we need is some new endgame PVE instead of Borg STF farm, and we will be sorted.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."