Captain
# 31
05-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
So? All Fed content is species agnostic too - as is all Rom content.

There's not exactly a lot of MMOs out there which take character species into consideration. I can play a twi'lek in SWTOR and get a 5 minute history lesson on twi'lek from my Companion - who's also a twi'lek.
A more entertaining example is the smuggler mission where you can play a Chiss, and then say something along the lines of "I know I don't look like a Chiss. My parents were surprised, too." while pretending to be a member of the CEDF.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Lieutenant
# 32
05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Dont forget the rule:
"Angry Klinks are happy Klinks"
You just made them less angry
Republic Veteran
# 33
05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Sorry! Added a warning at the top of the blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Wouldn't worry. Dev blog = spoilers, simples
Career Officer
# 34
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
One of the two major issues that keeps me from enjoying KDF content is the fact that no matter what species you play or the concept you have for your KDF Captain is that the game is scripted to be Klingon specific.

So, if you're another species from far away, an Orion or whatever, you're still a Klingon and your crew is still Klingon (even when they are not).
I understand the sentiment, but it is the Klingon military faction, regardless of what species or backstory you choose for your character. To an extent, it's up to us to decide why our characters are participating in a military campaign, in a Klingon cultural environment.

That said, I'd love to see some optional Reputation systems which force the player to make choices among some of the "sub-factions" found in the game. You could choose to support the Gorn rebellion, or quash it, and each rep system would have its own associated missions.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
That B'rotlh BoP is sooo sweet! I really really like it a lot! I hope we get to use that skin on the Tier 5 B'rel.
I'm used to fly cruisers, but my 2 favourite ships in STO now are BoPs and both are comming with LoR!

Also, hell yeah, Nausicaan pirates with Jackal Mastifs FTW!!

This expansion is going to be awesome!

Qapla' Cryptic! Thanks for bringing the KDF to it's rightfull place in STO as a full and unique faction!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 36
05-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
So? All Fed content is species agnostic too - as is all Rom content.
Oddly, I don't have that experience while playing on the Starfleet side.

Diplomatic options can change the experience from I'm going to kill you now to Let's resolve this without violence.

You pick the response you like.

KDF get the choice of Aggressive or More Aggressive.

I learned that the hard way when trying to not kill the Tal Shiar who was willing to betray her boss.

Also, the Romulan sector mission where you negotiate with two opposing parties is all full of talk about how to crush the weak and be strong in the face of your enemies.

That's why KDF gameplay is so one-dimensional to me, there's no real choice in your options, you're just saying the same thing 3 different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
That said, I'd love to see some optional Reputation systems which force the player to make choices among some of the "sub-factions" found in the game. You could choose to support the Gorn rebellion, or quash it, and each rep system would have its own associated missions.
Oh, I'd choose to support the Gorn!
Anything that isn't the Klingon way is automatically the way I would go!

Cool idea, by the way.

Last edited by tilarta; 05-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Captain
# 37
05-17-2013, 01:38 PM
So, question; is K'mtar going to be the K'mtar who travels back in time to "Firstborn" (which would require some explaining since according to the episode, Worf was died after declaring in the Council Hall that the House of Worf would no longer take part in the inter-house rivalries; but, in STO, Worf himself isn't just part of the House of Martok, he's also banned from the Council Hall) or is this going the K'mtar that already traveled back in time and simply faded after "Firstborn" turning out to still be around?
Ensign
# 38
05-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Question, will everyone have access to play the Romulan faction or will it be by paying for it from a starter pack or legacy pack?
Captain
# 39
05-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Oddly, I don't have that experience while playing on the Starfleet side.

Diplomatic options can change the experience from I'm going to kill you now to Let's resolve this without violence.

You pick the response you like.

KDF get the choice of Aggressive or More Aggressive.

I learned that the hard way when trying to not kill the Tal Shiar who was willing to betray her boss.

Also, the Romulan sector mission where you negotiate with two opposing parties is all full of talk about how to crush the weak and be strong in the face of your enemies.

That's why KDF gameplay is so one-dimensional to me, there's no real choice in your options, you're just saying the same thing 3 different ways.
Ever play 'The Punisher' video game ? The fun was deciding weather to beat the bad guy senseless with a baseball bat or simply thro him out of a window with a grenade stuffed in his mouth.

Ohhh, the good times.....
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 40
05-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphastrike View Post
Question, will everyone have access to play the Romulan faction or will it be by paying for it from a starter pack or legacy pack?
The Romulan species is free for all to play.