Ensign
# 51
05-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Screw this. Let us know when you get your ****ing **** together Cryptic.:
Good gracious there are a lot of self entitled people in these threads... Thanks Cryptic for doing your Job and dealing with setbacks as they come because they are of course a fact of life. I enjoy this game and the new changes. Technology is technology and if it takes a little longer than normal that's gravey.
Captain
# 52
05-18-2013, 07:15 PM
I must say, I'm wondering how the server is structured. I know a LOT of people are trying to patch, but at the moment it seems that the different areas and stages in the game are also loading incredibly slowly. I mean I'm used to massive slow down and lag beaming on to Earth Spacedock or DS9, that's unfortunately normal for me, but long periods loading between different stages of the Kassae system or changing between sector blocks? That's new. And it wasn't happening the week before last. Very strange.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Ensign
# 53
05-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
but at the moment it seems that the different areas and stages in the game are also loading incredibly slowly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
but long periods loading between different stages of the Kassae system or changing between sector blocks? That's new. And it wasn't happening the week before last.
I'm having the same problem. Almost every time I change maps, I end up closing out of sto via "end task" option on task manager because it seems almost stuck at same percentage loaded. Very irritating, especially with an i7 3rd generation core processor on a new windows 8 laptop. Please fix this problem soon, Perfect world!

~ Zing
Lieutenant
# 54
05-19-2013, 05:06 PM
So where's the fix to Devil's Choice? This had better not go live as it is now, or there's gonna be a lot more really ticked-off people than there are now.
A map of known space, circa 2405 <--- Note where Iconia is. It's nowhere near Starbase 39.
Captain
# 55
05-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xariama View Post
So where's the fix to Devil's Choice? This had better not go live as it is now, or there's gonna be a lot more really ticked-off people than there are now.
they will release no matter what , then patch later knowing cryptic
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
they will release no matter what , then patch later knowing cryptic
Or not patch knowing cryptic as well...things go broken for far longer than expected but other things that barely get noticed get top priority...and it could be a simple fact of how the code is laid out...

I for one am disapointed tho with the amount of stuff that still needs to be worked with a launch in 2 days, I would honestly not mind them pushing launch back a week or 2 if it gives them time to fix some of the issues that truly do make the player come to an abrubt halt on a few things...

hair, clothing, that can come later ill concede to that, but some missions need some serious retooling
Captain
# 57
05-20-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xariama View Post
well we all know by now with launch date tomorrow that what we got on tribble is what we will get on the holodeck.
I had to skip over then go back on devils choice so i expect alot of players skipping this mission because of the bugs and difficulty when you defend new romulus space battle.

anyways im gonna patch up tomorrow but will not loggin for a few days since theres gonna be queues and server outtages and the server hamster will die again the launcher wont want to launch and lag fever will rule the day.
Captain
# 58
05-20-2013, 06:07 AM
yup my plan too patch and then just stay off for a few days
Captain
# 59
05-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Same here, It'll just be no fun at all for a few days. At least I hope it's only a few days.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 60
05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
is it just me or are the intro's low res and blocky ? , why are they so large it takes ages to download the rom intro when it seems it is low res when playing the game @ 1080P ?