Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #8
04-17-2013, 01:00 PM
UI Artist Thomas "TheCrypticCat" Marrone shares details about the upcoming User Interface revamp in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Personally, I like the Voyager, Orion, Romulan and Reman schemes of the UI. I'm loving the look of it on Tribble. It's an awesome piece of work done by the devs, at least in my opinion.
Commander
# 3
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
In some places it looks really nice, but in most I had feeling like I had been working at Windows 95 again.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
In before the rage starts.

I love it, it's a million times better than the current UI. While I hated it when I first set foot on tribble, after 6 hours it really grew on me. More user friendly, cleaner and less jarring - and it's not even finished yet.

Superb work devs!
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
In before the rage starts.

I love it, it's a million times better than the current UI. While I hated it when I first set foot on tribble, after 6 hours it really grew on me. More user friendly, cleaner and less jarring - and it's not even finished yet.

Superb work devs!
Personally I'm more interested in the huge decrease in memory and CPU footprint. I've managed to turn my laptop up of of minimum settings and still get a framerate improvement over live, and the newest patch notes say they've reduced the memory footprint even more from that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I love the new changes really helps with immersion! Going on tribble myself so far the only visual thing i don't like is that all the npc and other players show as green..why? please let us have the option to change it to blue..please! the green just doesn't feel right while playing Fed.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Career Officer
# 7
04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I want a blue alert, let us land on a planet.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Looks awesome! (Though, I've already tested it on Tribble, so it's not an opinion based on screenshots.)

One thing...

Quote:
One of the best things about working on an MMO is that is never finished
Shouldn't that be "One of the best things about working on an MMO is that it is never finished"?
My Fan Fictions
Republic Veteran
# 9
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Been enjoying the new UI on Tribble, makes me sad to come back to live.

Yellow Alert when hostiles are nearby, but not engaged, might be neat. Or even when you are in one of those funky nebulas that disrupt ship systems.
Captain
# 10
04-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I. WANT. FACTION-DEPENDENT. COLOR. SCHEMES.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.