Captain
# 21
05-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azntrigboi View Post
"Better". Interesting choice of words. My choice would have been "greedy".
There is no greed motivation. Just an idea. No need for you to assume a negative motive. My idea is better than a tribble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Yeah, and bring back ALL the reputation item for free, from the tribble DS9 trader
I've no problem with that !
Eh, no. That would be greedy. I was suggesting the character only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Eh, I thought it would be neat to get a claimable veteran Tovan Khev boff for Federation and KDF captains.

I mean, this is an expansion and not just some season update, right? Why not celebrate it with something more than 'just another tribble'?

That said, and personally speaking, my 'reward' is the hope that I helped make the game just a little bit better by reporting bugs and offering feedback.
I am perfectly fine with just the opportunity to contribute to play testing as well. And I like this idea as well.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 22
05-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
If this is correct then that would be a valid reason not too. Thanks for posting an informed opinion.
Here's another valid reason:

Doing so would give you an edge on Romulan end-game content in a way that is unfair to others.

So why not just take a nice pat on the back for helping test the new content. And maybe a free tribble for your assistance? Something fluffy that doesn't really impact gameplay? The other poster called you greedy because your idea kind of flies in the face of logic and goes against the point of the test server.

EDIT: Another reason this would be a huge no-no. I currently have one of my main characters copied over there. And can load my Romulan up with all that EC.

Last edited by snoggymack22; 05-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Captain
# 23
05-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Wish it was a unique one of a kind ship ....i doubt that highly

But realisticly i think its gonna be a special tholian tribble that poops nukara marks.
Captain
# 24
05-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Eh, no. That would be greedy. I was suggesting the character only.
I understand, I was pointing out they would likely need to delete the dil/EC/any equipement they have, because it's really easy to "exploit" those on tribble.

Also, and I don't think I'm the only one, I've created my Romulan pretty randomly, since I knew they would be deleted anyway. I made a random name, random face....
Even if I were able to keep it, I would delete it anyway. I would rather have a Nukara tribble.
Republic Veteran
# 25
05-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
It seems nobody thought about that : Romulan beta reward ? Eppoh obviously.
Some unique Eppoh to follow you around.

Actually, I did.. almost a month ago:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post9376721

Last edited by daemonheld; 05-17-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Rihannsu
# 26
05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Ah, there's always 'one of these threads' asking to keep beta characters. Never fails.
Lieutenant
# 27
05-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Ah, there's always 'one of these threads' asking to keep beta characters. Never fails.
Every game I've ever played with a public test server/shard/realm always has these kinds of threads.

And the answer is always the same.

A big, fat, resounding "No!"

But people never seem to get the hint.
Captain
# 28
05-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kregor View Post
Every game I've ever played with a public test server/shard/realm always has these kinds of threads.

And the answer is always the same.

A big, fat, resounding "No!"

But people never seem to get the hint.
They get the hint but

they are sure that this time for sure its going to work lol
Ensign
# 29 No more tribbles..
05-18-2013, 12:50 AM
I got fed up with Tribbles i got so many isnt even funny one for almost every color shade of the rainbow. Get me a actual star trek phaser / rifle and or disruptor that has "maximum setting" AND actually evaporate enemies single shot.
Career Officer
# 30
05-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
They get the hint but

they are sure that this time for sure its going to work lol
Hope springs eternal.