Career Officer
# 31
05-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltas6 View Post
I got fed up with Tribbles i got so many isnt even funny one for almost every color shade of the rainbow. Get me a actual star trek phaser / rifle and or disruptor that has "maximum setting" AND actually evaporate enemies single shot.
They do have them. You just have to hit the target when they have been exposed. That's why all my boffs carry weapons that expose and my characters only carry exploits.
Commander
# 32
05-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk5 View Post
I got two words for you, and they're the most beautiful words I've ever written.

You ready?

COMBAT EPOHH.
Hehe I call mine a Combat Epohh all the time when he zones in with me for a colony run or something. Then in team chat I'll go ..

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the Epohh's of War!" or something along those lines

As for the beta test reward.

Tribble, yeah good possibility

Epohh? yeah totally down with that.

or maybe... maybe... The Scimitar!!!

what? I can dream can't I ?
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
05-18-2013, 06:30 AM
i would like something usefull seen as i was a invited LoR tester 1701 zen would be very nice or something like a weapon that lvls with u to help me get my new rommy char to lvl 50. but i know its going to be a tribble that gives u 1 mark a hour
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 34
05-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
i would like something usefull seen as i was a invited LoR tester 1701 zen would be very nice or something like a weapon that lvls with u to help me get my new rommy char to lvl 50. but i know its going to be a tribble that gives u 1 mark a hour
Who knows it could be a tribble that cloaks when a non Klingon goes to pet it and explodes like a plasma grenade when a Klingon pets it.
Captain
# 35
05-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Here's another valid reason:

Doing so would give you an edge on Romulan end-game content in a way that is unfair to others.

So why not just take a nice pat on the back for helping test the new content. And maybe a free tribble for your assistance? Something fluffy that doesn't really impact gameplay? The other poster called you greedy because your idea kind of flies in the face of logic and goes against the point of the test server.

EDIT: Another reason this would be a huge no-no. I currently have one of my main characters copied over there. And can load my Romulan up with all that EC.
I see no unfair advantage. You put in the time to level from 1 to whatever in normal progression. Most of us twice from the first character wipe. Players have already earned it so it isn't in any way unfair. This is logic.

Until this post I've always considered you a well reasoned forumite. I have stated NOTHING that is in any way illogical or insulting. So, what? "You mad, bros?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Ah, there's always 'one of these threads' asking to keep beta characters. Never fails.
I wouldn't know. I play this and one other MMO. I have a life out of this game so saving time not leveling yet another alt while enjoying the game is my motive. I've never seen such a thread no asked or posted this idea before.

And the negativity attacking this thread isn't amazing, just very disappointing. Got some sad self centered narcissists in here I think.
Just say no to ARC
Career Officer
# 36
05-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
I see no unfair advantage. You put in the time to level from 1 to whatever in normal progression. Most of us twice from the first character wipe. Players have already earned it so it isn't in any way unfair.
And from the devs perspective we testers got to the level cap or whatever level the character is by testing an unfinished product that allowed progression (finding, taking advantage of, and reporting) bugs and exploits, using overpowered gear, etc. that won't be able to be used by players on the holodeck once the testing is done and the game goes live. So they make everyone start off from scratch on a level playing field.

That's also logical and isn't in any way unfair.

Quote:
I wouldn't know. I play this and one other MMO. I have a life out of this game so saving time not leveling yet another alt while enjoying the game is my motive. I've never seen such a thread no asked or posted this idea before.
Willful ignorance isn't an excuse. All gaming forums advise people to use the search tool. Players choose to ignore it and not use it.

Last edited by sopwithsnipe; 05-18-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Captain
# 37
05-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
And from the devs perspective we testers got to the level cap or whatever level the character is by testing an unfinished product that allowed progression (finding, taking advantage of, and reporting) bugs and exploits, using overpowered gear, etc. that won't be able to be used by players on the holodeck once the testing is done and the game goes live. So they make everyone start off from scratch on a level playing field.

That's also logical and isn't in any way unfair.

Willful ignorance isn't an excuse. All gaming forums advise people to use the search tool. Players choose to ignore it and not use it.
Your first argument can be easily balanced without throwing the whole idea out.

So your counter argument (and you seem to love argument for the sake of argument) is to require everyone to spend time searching every forum for every MMO for a specific subject, research said subject ad naseum, and then post an idea, but only if you approve and agree. Not going to happen.
Just say no to ARC
Commander
# 38
05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
And the negativity attacking this thread isn't amazing, just very disappointing. Got some sad self centered narcissists in here I think.
Yes, start using ad hominem when people do not agree with you.

Anyway, copying Holodeck characters to Tribble makes sense, because it allows to test developed characters in modified (test) environment. On the other hand, copying chracters created with test rules in order to use them in final version environment is just pointless.

I know, you want to save time, since your test Rommie is lvl 50 or so and you would have to go through it all again in order to get your Holodeck Rommie to 50. Problem is, while it would be a decent test reward for you, it would not be for other testers. Some created a fully-random characters, some created characters different than they would use normally, to search for class-specific bugs.

Think of it that way: something that would be a decent reward for you would not be a good reward for other person, and that other person invested time and effort too. As a result, testing reward has to be something universal, like another player title, or a tribble, or maybe a special tailor material/color (like the metallic one). It should not leave people that do not want to use it at a disadvantage.
Captain
# 39
05-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
I see no unfair advantage.
Day 1, you're at level 50. Others are not. You now have an unfair advantage. You also got there doing content that has been changed.

There's a reason this is a test server. Because none of this counts. Nor should it.

And your motivation for testing should be to help make the game better for others. Not be rewarded with some sort of head start perk.

And I already pointed out that really, I could dump tons of EC onto my Romulan. That's currency duplication if that Romulan made it live. That's an exploit. Your idea is open to exploits. It's a bad idea.

You know why I bothered with the testing of this content?

To see it first. Why isn't that reward enough?

Quote:
Until this post I've always considered you a well reasoned forumite. I have stated NOTHING that is in any way illogical or insulting. So, what? "You mad, bros?"
Asking to transfer your test character to a live server is pretty much the apex of illogical requests in an MMO. The only one getting mad is you as more and more of your fellow testers try to point that out to you.

Do I think a Tribble is a boring reward? Sure. I have too many of them as is.

Thing is, I don't really care about the reward. And didn't test this stuff to get a reward.

Why did you?
Career Officer
# 40
05-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Your first argument can be easily balanced without throwing the whole idea out.
Your right. The balance is that any characters transferred from the test server to live start off at level 1 just like everyone else.

Quote:
So your counter argument (and you seem to love argument for the sake of argument) is to require everyone to spend time searching every forum for every MMO for a specific subject, research said subject ad naseum, and then post an idea, but only if you approve and agree. Not going to happen.
That's not a counter argument. It's an observation that the reason you are unaware of other posts being made is because you made the choice to remain ignorant despite the fact that the forums have tools available for you to use to educate yourself.

Oh and just another observation, the only person coming off as a sad self centered narcissist is you when you make comments like

Quote:
I have a life out of this game
As if no one else has to balance their game time with their busy real life schedules. Negative comments like that only get people to dismiss those posts out of hand because they assume the poster has an attitude problem and/or entitlement issues.