Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 No combat log
04-03-2014, 04:07 AM
I've been trying to sort this problem out for a while now and have had no luck.

I type /CombatLog 1, go kill stuff, type /CombatLog 0.

I go to c/users/public/games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/live/logs but there is never a log file there. I've searched all over this forum and google and the only other thing I could find similar to the problem I'm having with STO was this thread I found about someone having trouble making combat logs with Neverwinter....

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...opriate-folder

Can anyone help?

(I'm running ARC as an administrator as well).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Which combat parser have you installed? There isn't one built into the game for players to access.
Commander
# 3
04-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Arc probably places it in another folder. Try searching thru the arc folder. If that doesn't work maybe try giving admin rights to sto gameclient.exe

The parser he uses has nothing to do with being able to see a combat log that's created by the game.
Career Officer
# 4
04-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
Arc probably places it in another folder. Try searching thru the arc folder. If that doesn't work maybe try giving admin rights to sto gameclient.exe

The parser he uses has nothing to do with being able to see a combat log that's created by the game.
i use arc, log is still in folder he mentions.

do you type it in in full?
when i typed /combatlog 1 it never appeared, but when i type /comb and it then appears below, i go down select it and add the 1 it then appears.

i also never type /combatlog 0, just leave it till i log off
Captain
# 5
04-03-2014, 08:15 AM
If you think your problem is arc, try running the game without it.. lol. That simple.

Just run the gameclient.exe file and thats it. I dont even think you need adming privileges to do it. At least, thats the way i do and i cant remember the need to give the file adming privileges.
Captain
# 6
04-04-2014, 01:34 AM
If you are a W7 user, chances are it's in a compatibility file.

When you go to the program files logs, look above them for this as this may be the issue.

Or you may just need keep the combatlog running longer, it to may resolve the issue.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Ensign
# 7
04-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post

Yep, I looked in the Perfect World folder and there was my little combat log!

Thanks muchly.