Captain
# 1 cannot find Gul Tain (KDF)
05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I've been stuck on 10/10 of the Cardassian chain on my KDF toon for a couple of weeks. According to the Wiki, the Gul Tain assignment is supposed to appear in AT, BU, or ZA. Every day I have been running through those systems (and usually the attached nebulae) but havent found the assignment in any of the lists.

I even got it on a second Fed ship yesterday, and ran back to the same system with the KHG guy but the assignment wasnt listed.

At this point I am wondering if the list of systems for the assignment are specific to Fed, or if something else is going on.

Anybody got any ideas?
Captain
# 2
05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
If the assignment doesn't appear in the Sector assignments, have you tried going to your Department Heads tab and clicking the Assignments button next to your Operations Officer? It will bring up a list of assignments in the Colonial, Development, Trade and Recruitment catagories that's different from the Sector assignments, sometimes you'll find what you're looking for in there if it's not in the Sector list.

It can take some time, though - took me a bit to get the last mission in the Project: Chrysalis chain to show up anywhere.
Captain
# 3
05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
If the assignment doesn't appear in the Sector assignments, have you tried going to your Department Heads tab and clicking the Assignments button next to your Operations Officer?
Yes, and the Tactical and Security lists too
Captain
# 4
05-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Just a thought that just came to me;

Do you have an empty slot in your DOff Reserve Roster? I think that sometimes missions like this one don't show up if you have a full complement of DOffs...
Captain
# 5
05-17-2013, 03:07 PM
9 slots open, good guess though
Rihannsu
# 6
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I guess that the issue is that the RNG hates you. Keep trying, it'll slip up and accidentally let you have it eventually. :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I've been stuck on 10/10 of the Cardassian chain on my KDF toon for a couple of weeks. According to the Wiki, the Gul Tain assignment is supposed to appear in AT, BU, or ZA. Every day I have been running through those systems (and usually the attached nebulae) but havent found the assignment in any of the lists.

I even got it on a second Fed ship yesterday, and ran back to the same system with the KHG guy but the assignment wasnt listed.

At this point I am wondering if the list of systems for the assignment are specific to Fed, or if something else is going on.

Anybody got any ideas?
You're just having a run of bad luck. Keep searching. You're looking in the right places, and don't forget to check your department heads like others suggested. Fed and Klingon versions of an assignment may have the same name, but they're actually separate assignments. That's why you found this on a Fed but not a Klingon at the same time.
Captain
# 8
05-22-2013, 05:08 AM
He popped up in Beta Ursae a few days ago
Republic Veteran
# 9
05-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I lucked into him on one of my characters this past weekend. I've got other characters that are still looking for the entry mission.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2013, 06:20 AM
This one appears to be very hard to find... Always had trouble with it!