Captain
# 11
05-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Again really. . .

ANOTHER constitution request thread this is just a simple LOL moment
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Career Officer
# 12
05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthardcover View Post
If you're just talking about a new T2 variant.... I don't see it happening; we have the Excalibur and Vesper for free and the Exeter as a T2.5 from the C-store.

If you're talking about a T5 version... my understanding is that at this point it's not happening, as CBS has said that the Constitution-class is "too old" to stand with the rest of the endgame ships and Cryptic hasn't figured out how to create a fleet heavy cruiser retrofit that locks out the Constitution-class refit parts.
can Exeter use Constitution parts?
WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
either to conquer or to die for the Empire
Captain
# 13
05-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthardcover View Post
If you're just talking about a new T2 variant.... I don't see it happening; we have the Excalibur and Vesper for free and the Exeter as a T2.5 from the C-store.

If you're talking about a T5 version... my understanding is that at this point it's not happening, as CBS has said that the Constitution-class is "too old" to stand with the rest of the endgame ships and Cryptic hasn't figured out how to create a fleet heavy cruiser retrofit that locks out the Constitution-class refit parts.
The Vesper would make a sleek Fleet variant.So would the Excalibur. And the Exeter. All of which are modern and not old in the slightest.
Rihannsu
# 14
05-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
Age did you get that From UUM?
The UUM devs have a history of stealing other peoples work without credit, I wouldn't be surprised if that's in UMM, but it definately is from Daemon Renegade Studios.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
05-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I still want the Chris Madden Enterprise F entry.

It has the feel of a Connie while looking modern, and has the size to be reasonable as a T5 cruiser.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Career Officer
# 16
05-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
I still want the Chris Madden Enterprise F entry.

It has the feel of a Connie while looking modern, and has the size to be reasonable as a T5 cruiser.
that dose look sexy JJ should have got this dude to do his JJ prise

but i could go for that being a T5 connie
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
05-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
that dose look sexy JJ should have got this dude to do his JJ prise

but i could go for that being a T5 connie
I liked this one much better as a redress of the original. Sadly they didn't hire whoever made it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Really i don't see what everyone likes about the Conny. it's basically, a flying saucer with a neck, a cylinder, two sticks, and two smaller cylinders attached. she doesn't look remotely pleasing to the eye. same could be said for the Galaxy and the ambassador. on the other hand the Excelsior and sovereign really took look the opposite, easy to look at. But that's just my opinion.

On another note CBS has it right stopping criptic from making a tear 5 Conny. by the time of this game the ship is over 200 years old. in the time of Next gen, most Conny's were scraped, only a handful were used for Museum ships. though everyone would argue that they saw some in survive on DS9. Those Conny's were the Museum Ships rushed into active survive because of heavy ship loss. it can be reasoned these were taken back out when Voyager returned to earth with the Slipstream drive that they tested in the delta quadrant.

This drive required the use of less bulky star ships designs, eg, intrepid, vista witch are more streamlined. Bulkier ships disestablishes the slipstream corridor causing accidents like in voyager ep, timeless. even the intrepid needed heavy modifying before she could use the dive successfully.

true Starfleet might once again brake the Conny out of mothballs to face the new Klingon threat. but in long term Starfleet would never consider bring back a hole ship line based on the Conny, witch couldn't use one of the biggest weapons Starfleet now possesses, the Quantum Slipstream Drive.
Lt. Commander
1st _ Sry for mi english.

2nd _ I really want a T5 Constitution the TOS not the one from JJ i dont like see fire on mi warp nacelles this is not star wars where a gas propeled turbine jump to ligth speed ... sry back to topic... if so many ppl flying under the starfleet flag but in a ship form tolian , jemhadar, ferengi, cardacian, mirror universe, or the future line of wells ship... what is the problem if a small group of ppl fly a T5 Constitution????? let them (and me) be happy

To much old for keep up ??? with that argument remove the mirandas , and excelciors for the game.

If the federation always was know for be capable of remarcable tech and upgrades, why the klingons have competent Brel and D7 and starfleet cant made the same upgrades and refit for they ship ?????

this is mi opinion , and hope madeit in rasonable terms sry again for any miss speling
Armada Estelar Argentina
I support : Bridge modules;What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic? the longest post until now, maybe it's time to do something about it ... SRS-Galaxy COMM Channel for all captains of Galaxy-R/-X to be united in the Galaxy Class attack Wing, a multi fleet escuadron
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgato View Post
1st _ Sry for mi english.

2nd _ I really want a T5 Constitution the TOS not the one from JJ i dont like see fire on mi warp nacelles this is not star wars where a gas propeled turbine jump to ligth speed ... sry back to topic... if so many ppl flying under the starfleet flag but in a ship form tolian , jemhadar, ferengi, cardacian, mirror universe, or the future line of wells ship... what is the problem if a small group of ppl fly a T5 Constitution????? let them (and me) be happy

To much old for keep up ??? with that argument remove the mirandas , and excelciors for the game.

If the federation always was know for be capable of remarcable tech and upgrades, why the klingons have competent Brel and D7 and starfleet cant made the same upgrades and refit for they ship ?????

this is mi opinion , and hope madeit in rasonable terms sry again for any miss speling
As far as i know, no Klingon ship can go to transwarp, (outside sto.) The Klingon don't use the same ships from two hundred years ago but designs ships based on proven concepts and designs. increasing reactors, disturbers and so on. that's why we always see similar ship from them, while starfleet excels at making new ship designs, learning from past flaws, improving them and retiring them if need be.

When voyager came back, starfleet would have started retiring older ships, starting with the Miranda, Excelsior and so on. while moving newer ships (Galaxy, Nebula, Sovereign) without transwarp capability into the roles that the others just vacated. that being said starfleet would also look into ways to equip the transwarp drive to these newer classes, witch have seen maybe 5 to 20 years of service the most.

Look at it this way if you were running a country and you needed to protect the population would you leave it to a 200 year old man o'war or to a newer air craft carrier that could do things 300 times faster and better?