Captain
I just heard the bad news that costume import has been removed on Tribble. This is not the only thing that crashes the Foundry, publishing missions crashes the foundry. Saving missions crashes the foundry! I love creating custom characters and losing this feature is a real blow to me.

What we are losing:

- sharing costumes from your toons or from other players

- the ability to import cryptic made npc's such as enemy groups and use them as a contact.

- "Breaking" the tailor opening up hidden costume options, make caitians, ferresans gorn and naussicans in fed uniforms, Ensign Helna in a bikini etc etc etc. You lose soo much without this!

I cant stress enough that I think this feature is one of the coolest things in the game.

Please add your name to this thread to ask for the return of costume import.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 05-18-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Captain
# 2
05-18-2013, 10:14 AM
It is kind of buggy, so I don't mind losing it temporarily as long as they're actually working to fix it and get it back in the game.

If they're just taking it out period, though, I will be very angry.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 3
05-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
It is kind of buggy, so I don't mind losing it temporarily as long as they're actually working to fix it and get it back in the game.

If they're just taking it out period, though, I will be very angry.
They said it will be permanent, as they can't solve the bug.

I'm pretty sure they don't want us to make Ferasan/Orion hybrid and thing like that.
Captain
# 4
05-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
They said it will be permanent, as they can't solve the bug.
Where did they say that?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-18-2013, 10:52 AM
aww but I like mix and matching things.

If we cant mix and match outfits.... can we atleast have more costumes to choose from.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
05-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Removed permanently? That's WAY too extreme, considering how invaluable import-export is. Once this goes live, I won't be able to share costumes between missions, or from characters outside of the Foundry! How am I supposed to re-use NPCs or my own characters in missions without spending hours fine-tuning the sliders, once this goes live?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Hmm, I add my name to the list if you promise Ensign Helna in a bikini.
Captain
# 8
05-18-2013, 01:22 PM
My current mission relies on this mechanic to be working, and by extension the whole project (sharing costumes between authors to keep continuity) - what will happen once the option is disabled?

I vehemently oppose this butchery of the Foundry, and insist that we do not lose this tool! We have so few options as authors, the last thing we need is a further reduction in our abilities!

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!

Last edited by stardestroyer001; 05-18-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
05-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Just to clarify. We don't know what will happen to "custom" imported characters once Legacy of Romulus hits. I would say probably they just removed the button and nothing will happen to already imported characters, but that is only a guess.

To that end, I'm preparing as though this is the case. Still, as a precaution, if you do have a mission that you can't live without that makes use of these custom characters, I would make a backup copy with said characters removed.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 10
05-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Just to clarify. We don't know what will happen to "custom" imported characters once Legacy of Romulus hits. I would say probably they just removed the button and nothing will happen to already imported characters, but that is only a guess.

To that end, I'm preparing as though this is the case. Still, as a precaution, if you do have a mission that you can't live without that makes use of these custom characters, I would make a backup copy with said characters removed.
And my opinion is that they only removed it on Tribble for unknown reasons.

I guess we'll find out around the 21st of June, considering the time required for the Foundry to get back up after any seasonal (or bigger) release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.