Starfleet Veteran
# 51
06-22-2013, 01:54 PM
It was something that authors could easily (in most circumstances) work around, however, and I fear that the return of this completely invaluable feature will remain on the back burner indefinitely.

Fears =/= facts, however.
Lieutenant
# 52
06-23-2013, 06:16 AM
I hope they do bring it back. It was really useful when making fleet missions or any mission the same characters in it. The only time the bug surfaced was you tried to upload any file with z-store purchases or ship that were not in the foundry. I think that a lot of people were able to work around that. I have about 25 screenshots of fleet members just waiting to be uploaded into a fleet welcome mission. It looks like it will a awhile until I get them in there if I have to render them by eye. Oh well.

Check out "Welcome to the 77th" in the foundry!!!!
Lieutenant
# 53
07-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Hopefully they fix this next patch.

Starfleet Veteran
# 54
07-02-2013, 08:48 AM
It isn't going to return quickly, they have nastier bugs to worry about at the moment.

@greendragoon
Lieutenant
# 55
07-02-2013, 08:53 AM
The only time it bugged on me was when I tried upload my oddey. I thought that was because it wasn t on the list.

Survivor of Romulus
# 56
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
I think honestly it was because it was crashing the game left and right. They don't want to keep things in that crash the game if they can help it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 57
07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I think honestly it was because it was crashing the game left and right. They don't want to keep things in that crash the game if they can help it.
i rather prefer if they fix bugs that are much more disturbing. this tool maybe caused some crashes, but it was no problem not to do things with it that crashes the foundry. and if they think it's so necessary to fix it, the should fix it without removing it...
it's always interesting...some bugs they are very motivated to fix - bugs that aren't disturbing much. and other bugs they ignore completely - bugs that are disturbing much.

loosing this tool is not as bad as the new rating system and the limited numbers of missions at the list ingame, but it truly was one of my favourite tools at the foundry. at the current state of the foundry i'm already thinking about giving up on creating new missions, really horrible what cryptic has done here...

A foundry by commandermic

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1040761
Rihannsu
# 58
07-04-2013, 06:59 AM
It's not a matter of what they WANT to fix, but what is quick and easy to fix....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 59
07-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's not a matter of what they WANT to fix, but what is quick and easy to fix....
if that is the matter, the costume import would alrealdy be back. that tool has nothing comlicated to do, it's not much more than reading a few variables from a file and copy them into a costume at the foundry...

i remember some posts at a spotlight mission at the news site, where one user wrote something like "i hope the don't break it like the last mission" . after that, branflakes wrote that they have testet this mission twice BEFORE spotlighting and never ran into issues players reported.
so what does this say to me? it says that they not even care enough about bugs that they know where these bugs are...otherwise they would know these mentioned bugs are mainly happening AFTER spotlighting a mission.

A foundry by commandermic

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1040761
Rihannsu
# 60
07-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Um... what are you talking about?

Truthfully... we don't know the specific reason why they felt the need to remove the costume importer. thus we can't even make a reliable guess as to how long it will take to fix the issue.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.