Career Officer
# 71
07-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I just heard the bad news that costume import has been removed on Tribble. This is not the only thing that crashes the Foundry, publishing missions crashes the foundry. Saving missions crashes the foundry! I love creating custom characters and losing this feature is a real blow to me.

What we are losing:

- sharing costumes from your toons or from other players

- the ability to import cryptic made npc's such as enemy groups and use them as a contact.

- "Breaking" the tailor opening up hidden costume options, make caitians, ferresans gorn and naussicans in fed uniforms, Ensign Helna in a bikini etc etc etc. You lose soo much without this!

I cant stress enough that I think this feature is one of the coolest things in the game.

Please add your name to this thread to ask for the return of costume import.
The only time this caused the foundry to crash for me was when I'd accidentally import a ship costume to a ground character or vise versa.
I used this option a lot though, my foundry missions are based around characters in my fleet and some aliens I'd created without this option I either need to load an archived project with all these costumes in or make them again from scratch, both options are not ideal as for the first some I've made do not feature in the same mission and so I have to choose one or the other, the second option requires recording footage of the foundry as I can't use the screenshot commands there and watching it back to see where the sliders are.

I would really really really like to see it return, I cannot begin to explain how awesome I thought this feature of or how much more difficult using the foundry has become without it.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
07-28-2013, 03:29 PM
This is one of the foundry's coolest features and I want it back. I am trying to create a mission where my ship has a guest appearance and I wanted to put my boffs on the bridge to give the player information. Without a way to import there costumes, I can't do it.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Ensign
# 73
07-30-2013, 07:32 AM
I have to say that it is very disappointing not having this feature anymore, I just started making things with the foundry and have played foundry missions that had this feature to create unique fun story's. Its one of the reasons I wanted to do things in the foundry was the ability to make my own unique characters and put them in fun and exciting situations for players to go through. Now I'm stuck with a very limited number of "actor" npc's that I cant change their uniforms or customize their look for the purpose i want them for. This is very frustrating for someone who wants to make unique content for the community instead of kill kill kill missions.
Career Officer
# 74
07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunekon View Post
I have to say that it is very disappointing not having this feature anymore, I just started making things with the foundry and have played foundry missions that had this feature to create unique fun story's. Its one of the reasons I wanted to do things in the foundry was the ability to make my own unique characters and put them in fun and exciting situations for players to go through. Now I'm stuck with a very limited number of "actor" npc's that I cant change their uniforms or customize their look for the purpose i want them for. This is very frustrating for someone who wants to make unique content for the community instead of kill kill kill missions.
You're lucky if you're starting from scratch, you can make your unique costumes, use them from the NPC contacts option (however putting them over enemy group costumes is disabled though which creates a massive problem for my future mission, which I have just realised) and every new mission simply import the old on from the archive and edit appropriately.

As I've said though you can't make them a fightable enemy which does cause me, and no doubt others, a massive problem in creating interesting enemy groups.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Career Officer
# 75
07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
my main gripe about this feature being missing, for whatever reason, is that we can no longer make unique enemy groups, we can only choose from the standard NPC groups, I'm struggling to think of any of the spotlight missions that don't use a custom costume over at least one enemy group.

Survivor of Romulus
# 76
07-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin109 View Post
my main gripe about this feature being missing, for whatever reason, is that we can no longer make unique enemy groups, we can only choose from the standard NPC groups, I'm struggling to think of any of the spotlight missions that don't use a custom costume over at least one enemy group.
Ehm, when i was busy with my mission yesterday, i made couple of costumes and changed the costumes of those NPC groups. You have change it per NPC though..
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Survivor of Romulus
# 77
07-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin109 View Post
You can still make custom costumes and put them on NPC groups, that wasn't what this feature was.

What the removal of this feature does is prevent us from easily sharing custom costumes between projects. You can still "share" costumes, but you have to remake them from memory or a screenshot that shows what options/sliders you used. Also part of it was you could import a Cryptic-made costume and tweak it, which provided a few more options than normal costume creation, but you ran the risk of crashing the game if you picked the wrong ones.

If for some reason you can't reskin combat NPC groups anymore... then we have another problem.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 07-30-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Rihannsu
# 78
07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
I agree with op. This feature needs to come back, preferably with more costume options available. The fact that it crashed strictly because things exist in the game that don't exist in the Foundry, is tantamount to the horrible neglect Cryptic has shown the Foundry by not updating it consistently with the new assets that are actually in the damn game it's supposed to be making missions for.

Any attempt to excuse this is basically sympathy for the devil.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Career Officer
# 79
07-31-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Ehm, when i was busy with my mission yesterday, i made couple of costumes and changed the costumes of those NPC groups. You have change it per NPC though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
You can still make custom costumes and put them on NPC groups, that wasn't what this feature was.

What the removal of this feature does is prevent us from easily sharing custom costumes between projects. You can still "share" costumes, but you have to remake them from memory or a screenshot that shows what options/sliders you used. Also part of it was you could import a Cryptic-made costume and tweak it, which provided a few more options than normal costume creation, but you ran the risk of crashing the game if you picked the wrong ones.

If for some reason you can't reskin combat NPC groups anymore... then we have another problem.
Perhaps I didn't see the button, I only did a quick check in response to a post here, however without importing an old project (providing you have one) that has all the costumes you want I'm fully aware of the implications the lack of this button presents, to get my latest foundry mission complete I had to video the costumes I wanted from an old project and then flick between the video and current project to make the costumes, from now on I'm just going to keep all my costumes whether I use them or not and keep importing the last mission I made, it'll no doubt cause more problems on Cryptic's end but I have no other choice at the moment.

Starfleet Veteran
Import Feature for our costumes?
When are they gonna fix it and let us have it back?

Why was it removed in the first place? Every time i used it IT WORKED PERFECTLY
now i have a mission i cant update cuz i cant seem to make my character correctly!!!
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page