Captain
# 1 Size of Game Folders
05-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Posting this here rather than the Normal game area.

Noticed that my hard drive seems several gigs down from what it should be.

Wondering if this is STO related.

I noticed that the Live folder is about 17 gigs. Not that large for todays games but seems a bit large.

The tribble folder is only about 7 gigs.

Are there extra files or patches that need to be cleaned up or something.

I know WoW can build up a bunch of junk over time that you would have to clean out.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
If you've prepatched, that probably explains the discrepancy in folder size. The patch contains close to 10 Gigs of new or replacement data. My prepatch folder alone containds over 7 GB

It's also possible that screenshots could account for some of the extra size too, if you've taken a lot of them.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 3
05-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatela View Post
If you've prepatched, that probably explains the discrepancy in folder size. The patch contains close to 10 Gigs of new or replacement data. My prepatch folder alone containds over 7 GB

It's also possible that screenshots could account for some of the extra size too, if you've taken a lot of them.
yeah....

I was wondering though if after Tuesday it will patch and get rid of the extra data. I have the room but Im sure some people might not.

I just keep thinking about when I had WoW on my system and it would just build up gigs of patch files that would just sit there taking up space needlessly.