Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
I just finished an exploration quest where I was tasked with checking a Romulan facility.

*tugs collar uncomfortably*

If I were a bit stronger with RP I'd have said, "Great for them. Set course to exit the system."

Then my First Officer tells me quite ominously a Romulan ship is coming.

Errr... *looks around at bridge of her Romulan ship*

Now that we have an active Romulan "faction" the standard text for the quests should be reviewed. Peg that sort of stuff on the Tal Shiar. ^.~
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2013, 04:07 AM
The Freedom arc is bad in that regard - Romulans of the Romulan Republic certainly wouldn't keep referring to the Tal Shiar and Sela's Empire as 'the Romulans' (I could see T'Nae doing it, though. She is supposed to be a tad un-Vulcan when it comes to Romulans, after all).

Last edited by lordinsane; 05-14-2013 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Oops.
Republic Veteran
# 3
05-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Ugh, I hate T'Nae. I don't think they could have picked two worse characters to "persuade" the Romulan players to ally with the Federation. Think of what Captain Shon and Admiral Quinn could have accomplished instead.
# 4
05-14-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Ugh, I hate T'Nae. I don't think they could have picked two worse characters to "persuade" the Romulan players to ally with the Federation. Think of what Captain Shon and Admiral Quinn could have accomplished instead.
Yeah... T'Nae is about as good for that role as Jar Jar would be.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 5
05-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
T'nae was there as a reminder that new romulus WILL face prejudice from parts of the Federation. The same way the Federation faces prejudices from New Romulus.
I am not sure what sugarcoating that fact could accomplish but prove all the detractors right.

This is an alliance of convenience for the New Romulan people. For the federation it is a step towards a better relationship. But neither of the sides will trade their firstborns over it...
Captain
# 6
05-14-2013, 09:13 AM
OK... the freaking Tal Shiar again...

I dont disagree with your comment's premise. Just that every Romulan ship and away team are NOT Tal Shiar.

It would be like in WW2 if every time the Allies engaged the Axis it was SS troops. Did Rommel move thru Africa with the SS or the Army?
Commander
# 7
05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Yeah... T'Nae is about as good for that role as Jar Jar would be.
lol! Nice Star Wars reference!
Career Officer
# 8
05-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
OK... the freaking Tal Shiar again...

I dont disagree with your comment's premise. Just that every Romulan ship and away team are NOT Tal Shiar.
It's my understanding at the moment the only two Romulan factions of note are the playable Republic and the NPC controlled Tal Shiar / Empire.

If we're going to leave the essence of the quests, i.e. going up against some form of Romulan group, what other Romulan faction of note is there? I'd seriously like to know as I have a tendency to miss lore in my zeal to play.
Captain
# 9
05-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domvina View Post
It's my understanding at the moment the only two Romulan factions of note are the playable Republic and the NPC controlled Tal Shiar / Empire.

If we're going to leave the essence of the quests, i.e. going up against some form of Romulan group, what other Romulan faction of note is there? I'd seriously like to know as I have a tendency to miss lore in my zeal to play.
The Tal Shiar are part of the RSE. There is an RSE. There is that huge swath of Cyan covering the Beta Quadrant that is the RSE.

D'Tan is not a major faction but a small group of malcontents on a planet far away from our homeworlds and established planets.

My point was that simply because they are "enemy" Romulans doesnt automatically make them Tal Shiar.

You encounter several Captains in the episodes who are military and not Tal Shiar. Tal Shiar has ranks of Major and Colonel. Not Commander and Sub Commander.

All Tal Shiar are Romulans but not all Romulans are Tal Shair.

But regardless your orginal premise is correct. I think a better description would be to refer to them as "Imperial Romulans" and opposed to the (faux) Republican Romulans.
Rihannsu
# 10
05-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domvina View Post
I just finished an exploration quest where I was tasked with checking a Romulan facility.

*tugs collar uncomfortably*
I was told by Starfleet to "Let the Romulans know they aren't welcome in this system."

Awkwaaaard.