Captain
# 31
05-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cifer2020 View Post
I really don't want to grind up marks all over again. Hopefully someone at Cryptic is reading this thread.
Ive more or less abandoned a toon that still needed Rom/Omega because of this release. I'll only grind this stuff out one more time.

The entire grind system - err rep system - has made new toons so unattractive and leads to faster burn-out of the game as a whole.

Something that was a "cryptic" trademark for the longest time was "alt-itis". The rep system pretty much dug that grave.
Captain
# 32
05-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Probably waaaaaaaay to late. but how about if when we hit level 50 we get a reward of X number of Marks. Similar to who we got an Omega mark pack when that hit. We still had to fill the projects but at least we didnt have to grind out the marks.
Ensign
# 33
05-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Another idea would be when a Romulan faction captain reaches level 50, they're granted a bonus pool of rep points which would equal to half of the amount of points needed to reach Tier 2 (7500) or 3 (16,250), essentially earning double rep points until the pool is exhausted (much like we can find the expertise/skill/etc bonus point consumable items) That way, they'd still have to work at gaining tiers, but they get some sort of compensation for the work they did making New Romulus more secure.

As an alternative, when a Romulan captain reaches 50, give them a consumable item with the same amount of points to use at their discretion.

Either way, they would still have to earn the marks and provide the other items necessary to climb the ladder, but the more tedious part would be mitigated somewhat.
Republic Veteran
# 34
05-20-2013, 06:25 AM
I personally like the idea of account wide system leveling. Not unlocks...just leveling. store unlocks must be a per character thing, but given the amount of repeation of these projects and how long it takes not to mention the level of grinding to get there it makes sense to open it up account wide. that way you have more players enjoying doing PvE content on more alts instead of "T5 rep...I'm done....New toon? Your mental!" i personally have 18 alts that do nothing but sit around and dont get touched anymore because of this system.

And as for this whole worry of non-combat alts getting top end gear. Why not? it's not like anyone uses them in combat if their non-combat, its those combat alts I'd be wondering about. Oh forbid that players who worked their ass off once have to do it again just to get an alt up to spec, possibily contributing something to their faction in the process. example... I went into a vault ensnared yesterday, 4 people went right I went left, I cleared 7 ships they cleared 3 in the same ammount of time. To make it worse when the cap ships warpped in I soloed the named before they got one of the Recluses down and proceded to go help them. I dont ever want to see that again! I might as well have solo'd the PvE. i would love to have had a good team with decent weapons and knew what they were doing. More over its a tripple grind anyway. Marks, rep levels, and dilithium. so lets knock out 1 of the big 3.

in keeping with the topic at hand I cant see why after saving the new romulan homeworld that they should even grind rep to begin with. Congrats your a hero! now earn our trust!? Romulans should start with this maxed or at about tier 3 or 4 if they start with it at all. what they need is a faction allied rep like fed/kdf to replace it. arn't they who were suposed to be impressing here?!

Last edited by chaosgod777; 05-20-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Rihannsu
# 35
05-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosgod777 View Post

in keeping with the topic at hand I cant see why after saving the new romulan homeworld that they should even grind rep to begin with. Congrats your a hero! now earn our trust!? Romulans should start with this maxed or at about tier 3 or 4 if they start with it at all. what they need is a faction allied rep like fed/kdf to replace it. arn't they who were suposed to be impressing here?!
You equate reputation with trust. It's ok. Its totally human but it's ok.. The Romulans arent ( in my opinion ) quite so Naive. They've had more than their share of glory hounds willing to create a great reputation only to turn out to be nothing but low life scum. In regards to the RRW, you are a hero and so much more. You should have all the honors and reputation allowed a hero of the republic, but that shouldnt indicate your worthy of trust. Trust should have to be earned, not through grinding, but through the story line, and it should carry on much further than level 50. I rather doubt however that cryptic has the intellegence or capability of writing something so subtle. they blew their creative wad with the city on the edge of never, and i havent seen anything original since. Adding to the mix is the existance of Never Winter Nights. Its the new shiny toy on Cryptics plate and theyre main focus at this time. We're getting pushed aside to be abandoned..