Career Officer
# 51
06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
What am I missing here, do people not like Voyager? It was my favorite one of the Star Trek shows.
No, many do not. Not one likeable character and the worst Captain of all.
Commander
# 52
06-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
No, many do not. Not one likeable character and the worst Captain of all.
Wow? I admit, I found Harry Kim grateing, and Paris a little insencere, and Kes just annoying and inconsistent.

But I absolutely loved the Doctor, Chacotay, and Seven. Even the less unusual characters like Tuvok and Belanna were well written and acted.

As for Janeway, I don't get why she was bad. She seemed pretty kick butt when needed, but also had a nice scientific/academic streak too. I thought her acting was heads and tails above Sisko's, and her character was a nice melding of Kirk's take charge attitude, and Picard's reserved diplomacy.

What's not to like?

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
06-24-2013, 06:11 PM
If you guys want battle damage than they should also add in the ability to have your ship Tow to the ship yard. You have to remember, too much damage will prevent ship from going to warp because of the hull Stress.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
06-24-2013, 07:05 PM
it would be nice, however i don't think its possible without overhauling several things. right now battle damage is based on health, meaning those overlays currently only exist when your within those health percentages. the ship team would likely have to make separate ship skins to show the battle damage to make it persistent, and quiet possibly have to recode the battle damage showing to become not linked to the health bar.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
06-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
it would be nice, however i don't think its possible without overhauling several things. right now battle damage is based on health, meaning those overlays currently only exist when your within those health percentages. the ship team would likely have to make separate ship skins to show the battle damage to make it persistent, and quiet possibly have to recode the battle damage showing to become not linked to the health bar.
You got this one right, and permanent damage could be linked I suppose to damage sustained in Elite STFs. But then again it might require a lot of things be made, especially ship skins.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
I was pretty sure one of the dev's mentioned that adding battle damage to the ship would be possible once the tech for changing the appearance with sets was added.

I think it would be interesting to have a ship material that made your ship look like it's actually seen some action rather than always looking like it's fresh out of spacedock.
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Empire Veteran
# 57
06-25-2013, 08:35 AM
The damage skins/decals in use now are fine. I could see maybe having them fade more slowly...provided they re-set when you re-spawn or map move.

However, having damage persist if you have injuries might inspire some of those dweebs who never fix their ships.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Commander
# 58
06-27-2013, 10:12 AM
I like this idea. Or maybe advanced flight physics if you get hit at the engine your ship starts to spin like in the spaceship battles in Star Trek DS9.
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
I like this idea. Or maybe advanced flight physics if you get hit at the engine your ship starts to spin like in the spaceship battles in Star Trek DS9.
Yeah ! Like the sound of it ... but ultimately, I want longer lasting battle damage, more visual than physical to be honest.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Republic Veteran
# 60
06-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Replication technology has advanced a great deal in the last decades to the point where they can repair hull damage by using nearby asteroids or other materials to make the ship as good as new in a fraction of the time, and without going back to a starbase!

...that's my theory anyway
Great News!

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol