Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Working on the "Explore the Delta Volanis Sector" episode, so I went to that area to do three missions as required. I attempted two and wasn't able to complete either of them - I'll give details below. Just a warning, this will be verbose.

First mission required me to beam down to the planet and secure the area. It was an outside map, and initially I beamed down with the hey-look-I'm-a-ship bug, and my away team was missing. I aborted the mission and beamed back to my ship, so I got returned to the Delta Volanis map, with the option in the bottom right to continue the mission I just aborted. I clicked that button, and this time I beamed down to the planet with my entire away team. However, there wasn't anyone else on the planet (they must have freaked out and evacuated when the miniature starship appeared out of nowhere outside their complex). I aborted and continued a few more times, but every time the planet was empty. I ended up dropping the mission. This was /bugged in-game.

The second mission required me to approach a planet, and when I was in range they hailed me, and asked me for medical supplies. There were a couple conversation options, one of which was asking why they needed supplies, and one asking how many they need. After you ask how many you need, there's a button that says, "Deliver the supplies" or something to that effect. Clicking on it closes the dialog but doesn't appear to do anything else, and there's no way to re-hail him. I looked at my mission log and the current objective for that mission said, "Deliver the supplies (1/10)". This confused me, because I thought that maybe I had to talk to him nine more times. Eventually I figured out I needed a stack of the Medical Supplies commodity, so I flew back to the Sol System to pick some up. Since the mission said I'd done 1 out of 10, I figured I'd just pick up a stack of 9. After purchasing them, however, I noticed that the mission objective now said "9/10". I didn't notice when this changed, and hadn't looked at it before I warped back to the starbase, so I thought that maybe it had been delivering one supply box at a time while I sat there trying to figure out what to do, and that I just left before it finished. Foolishly, I sold back all but one of the medical supplies and headed back to the system, where I went through the whole thing again.

So realizing what I did wrong, I went back to the starbase, bought 9 more medical supplies (so I now had a stack of 10), which completed the objective "Deliver the supplies". Now I had a new objective, labeled, "Supplies delivered." So once again I headed back to the planet and went through the whole thing again, expecting that this time when I hit the "Deliver the supplies" button it would complete my mission, but it didn't - nothing happened, just like when I didn't have enough supplies. I'm sure this is a bug as I can't figure out what else I might have to do to make this work.

So the first mission was obviously just a bug, and one I've seen and reported once before. However, the second mission was not only bugged, it was really confusing. There wasn't any feedback when I didn't have enough medical supplies in my inventory to complete the mission, and the text of the first objective should say something like "Obtain medical supplies" instead of "Deliver medical supplies" because that's really what you're doing. I wasn't able to /bug this in-game 'cause the server went down at about this time.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully the devs will find this helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
That same cluster i will add mine:

"Defeat the Invaders"
Mission asks you to defeat 5 groups of invaders but there is only 4 groups to be found and i checked the whole map.

To the SE in the secure area is a unscannable signature, because it is clipped into the ground.

"investigate the research facility"
Facility TD 304

Mission asks for 3 groups to be killed, but there is only two.

Also in this mission at the end of the complex the last computer console you need to activate is reversed, it is facing a bank of machines instead of facing the floor area where you interact with it.

And there is a graphic glitch with the lights, best way i can describe it is curtains hang off the lights, where you might expect light beams to be showing but the "curtains" are too solid.

Also fou8nd another mission, but i forgot to write the name down, where you beam onto a planet of spikey rock things you need to scan, but the mission log said to scan the medical supplies, not medical supplies anywhere and scanning 3 rock formations or so it updated the journal and you get ambushed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
The worst one is Phi 1272-Lambda. It has fog, it gives bad mission objectives, and I get game ending Beam up bugs when I try and beam off the planet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 06:48 PM
I will also add to the OP that on the exact same mission, I once beamed down and went to engage the first Klingon group that I found... only to have both the Klingon group AND my Bridge Officers fall under the world! They then fought each other underneath the world while I was still standing and unable to participate in the fight.

I knew they were beneath me when I could see my engineer's Shield Generator bubble appear slightly just above the ground (i.e. the top of the bubble). I am guessing that is where all the missing Klingon groups went to as well.
Lt. Commander
Reported earlier, does not appear on search list on in-game bug tracker, more info here as well.

When beaming to the surface of the planet, the PC beams down fine, however the away team seems to be beamed to a point that is partly buried in the planet surface geometry. They are able to interact just fine, and will fire on enemies that get close enough, but are unable to move from their beam-in location.

[new info] Sometimes they appear to beam in fine, but as soon as the PC moves slightly away from the beam-in location they again become stuck in the terrain in the same spot as they usually get stuck on beam-down. Also, klingon patrols with teleporters end up teleported to the same location, also buried partway in the ground alongside the away team.

There are also only 2 of the required 5 invader groups to defeat. Even worse, when logging off and relogging to attempt to fix the away team issue, after choosing continue, there are now NO enemy groups on the planet surface, plus my "defeat invaders" count has been reset from 2/5 to 0/5.

(edit) Ticket number is 462,978
Lt. Commander
# 6 Show Stopper
01-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Investigate Research Facility. The 3rd group of Gorns disappeared. They were on the map as I engaged the 2nd group, but when I'd finished, they were gone. Also, I did not die. Usually, if I die the group will disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsByte View Post

The second mission required me to approach a planet, and when I was in range they hailed me, and asked me for medical supplies. There were a couple conversation options, one of which was asking why they needed supplies, and one asking how many they need. After you ask how many you need, there's a button that says, "Deliver the supplies" or something to that effect. Clicking on it closes the dialog but doesn't appear to do anything else, and there's no way to re-hail him. I looked at my mission log and the current objective for that mission said, "Deliver the supplies (1/10)". This confused me, because I thought that maybe I had to talk to him nine more times. Eventually I figured out I needed a stack of the Medical Supplies commodity, so I flew back to the Sol System to pick some up. Since the mission said I'd done 1 out of 10, I figured I'd just pick up a stack of 9. After purchasing them, however, I noticed that the mission objective now said "9/10". I didn't notice when this changed, and hadn't looked at it before I warped back to the starbase, so I thought that maybe it had been delivering one supply box at a time while I sat there trying to figure out what to do, and that I just left before it finished. Foolishly, I sold back all but one of the medical supplies and headed back to the system, where I went through the whole thing again.

So realizing what I did wrong, I went back to the starbase, bought 9 more medical supplies (so I now had a stack of 10), which completed the objective "Deliver the supplies". Now I had a new objective, labeled, "Supplies delivered." So once again I headed back to the planet and went through the whole thing again, expecting that this time when I hit the "Deliver the supplies" button it would complete my mission, but it didn't - nothing happened, just like when I didn't have enough supplies. I'm sure this is a bug as I can't figure out what else I might have to do to make this work.
A very similar bugged mission also occurs in the Arucanis Arm; "System Beta Pavonis JK-838 Relief Effort". I also had this as uncompletable, bug #460745. It's even more annoying when you have to fly all the way back to the arm after wasting 1,000 on medical supplies.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
3 of the 5 missions I attempted here were unable to be completed.

First was a starbase invasion, I was asked to kill 3 sets of klingons I believe. after the first group was dispatched, the others disappeared from the mini map. After much exploring and waiting, Quit and abandoned the mission.

The next 2 were exploration type missions, finding plants to scan and probe crash site peices to scan. I could not complete either of these, 1 of each of the items to scan was either inaccessable or just not present. Quit and abandoned both missions after upwards of an hour on each planet searching for the missing peices.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2010, 12:17 PM
same here ..but now when i beam off one of the outposts or whatever my client crashes lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I think this whole series of missions are bugged.

We tried to do this as a duo and when we went to the instance ("hit F") my wife went to the ground mission and I went to fight Klingons (scan the probes). When we managed to finally both go on the same planet to do the same mission I kept getting the pop up message that I was no longer with the team and would be "beamed up" in 45 seconds.

Needless to say we abandoned the whole quest line and tried elsewhere.