Commander
Within the last month, I found myself playing a lot more on KDF over my Fed (which essentially become my alt) - and I am wondering why that's the case.

What I like about Fed:
-customization options on characters and ships
-More selection of ships should I choose to buy
-familiar ships

What I like about KDF:
-Better carrier play - I always been playing Pet Master / mobile nukes, be it STO, CO, or any other games that give me options for usign pets. Also allow me to have carrier for free.
-Better DoFF assignments, especially Marauding
-Better fleet - the Fed Fleet I joined seems to grow stale even though it suppose to be a division of a bigger fleet, not to mention not letting me use the fleet bank. The KDF fleet I join is growing, even if slowly, and let me use fleet banks.

So what I want to know is: am I abnormal, or is KDF actually better than Fed? I am trying to find a reason to make a Fed-Rom, but it seems KDF-Rom will be better...
Career Officer
# 2
05-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Is someone weird or abnormal because he prefers ketchup on his fries instead of mayo?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Is someone weird or abnormal because he prefers ketchup on his fries instead of mayo?
or how about sugar on their spaghetti
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
Within the last month, I found myself playing a lot more on KDF over my Fed (which essentially become my alt) - and I am wondering why that's the case.

What I like about Fed:
-customization options on characters and ships
-More selection of ships should I choose to buy
-familiar ships

What I like about KDF:
-Better carrier play - I always been playing Pet Master / mobile nukes, be it STO, CO, or any other games that give me options for usign pets. Also allow me to have carrier for free.
-Better DoFF assignments, especially Marauding
-Better fleet - the Fed Fleet I joined seems to grow stale even though it suppose to be a division of a bigger fleet, not to mention not letting me use the fleet bank. The KDF fleet I join is growing, even if slowly, and let me use fleet banks.

So what I want to know is: am I abnormal, or is KDF actually better than Fed? I am trying to find a reason to make a Fed-Rom, but it seems KDF-Rom will be better...
Not at all. Fed rom or kdf just enjoy the game
Career Officer
# 5
05-19-2013, 11:27 AM
No. But you're weird for asking.

People don't all base their decisions on the same criteria. There's some distinct advantages in KDF play. But I don't like the backstory for it, so I've got the dilithium farming alts and called it at that. For playing the game earnestly I generally prefer the faction that has more options for First Contact than "Destroy" and "Destroy for the glory of the Empire!".

By the same token though, I'm not going to care for one moment about anything related to any Romulan character I create, so that or those character(s) will align with the KDF as it's the only way to get some use out of the subterfuge trait and I can always use more dilithium farming alts.
Reave
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Playing Feds sucks.
Harder to get contraband, prisoners.
Players seem to not be as....skilled or mAture at certain times.
Can't pvp.
Every week getting a new cstore ship. Very expensive.
I mean, cryptic doesn't even want kdf money.

Plus on an rp point of view, the Federation would crumble like a house of cards existing in such trying times.

Plus if you are in a mission that shoots up a bar, do it as a kdf.
Rihannsu
# 7
05-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Eh, some people like to play the villains...to each their own mate.
I'm a lover not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter so don't get any ideas...
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Klingons are not villains. They just have problems being nice to others. Anti social.
Captain
# 9
05-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Yes. Mayo on fries rules.
# 10
05-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I used to be a Federation guy but the only reason I hated the KDF is because of the UI difference i was so used to seeing blue instead of red but with the color options i can now have my blue UI with my Klingon and Romulan characters.

I love the KDF and Romulans, they are more realistic than the Federation. In reality do you really think humanity is going to extend an olive branch every stinking time to a unknown agent? How many times did it bite them in the rear end? Look at all the wars they have gotten themselves into because they neither have the political will or leadership to do end a conflict definitively.

KDF's forces attitude is the right one, shoot first and ask questions later because its better to be wrong and alive then dead and wrong.

The Romulans don't trust anyone and that as Martian Manhunter would say is a "wise policy" The Federation is too trusting of people and it gets them into unnecessary fights.

KDF Romulans tell it like it is and doesn't sugar coat it with political correctness and diplomatic fluff.

Thats why the KDF and Romulans are better than the Federation, in reality the KDF and Romulans would STOMP the Federation if they were not portrayed the villains all the time.

KDF and Romulans rock

Qapla!
Run Forest RUN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jake477; 05-19-2013 at 12:00 PM.