Ensign
This is the error that I'm getting when I try to log in at the patcher to either STO or NW. I got this the first time I tried to log in today and have been trying every couple of hours with no change. Anyone else having this issue or does anyone know how long it should take before the patcher should think it's been "long enough" for me to attempt logging in again. Or if anyone knows if there is a way to manually unlock this lockout.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm also getting this in both games. Odd because I logged in successfully maybe 4 hours ago or so.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 3
05-20-2013, 02:07 AM
same here, i feel like the stability of the game just gets worst, well bugs like the sound bug you get from star fleet defense or false tholian alerts, or a real old bug since the release of the game from episode "Under the Cover of Night" where on solo play it never updates to finish at the end, teaming worked. Then there's this other episode where they change alignments and your away team kills you vice versa. Once they had a bug that allowed you to have every single boff skill in the book that took them months to fix. Not to mention the lag recently...To make things worst release is very soon should really mess things up with no hope of getting these current bugs fixed.

Too many attempts; please try again later.

Point is, don't assume it's on your end, assume it's on them and they "might" fix it IF it stops you from buying stuff. And i have serious doubts they ever read these submissions.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-20-2013, 06:52 AM
I was assuming it meant too many log in attempts from my account, which led me to further assume it was some kind of hacking attempt since I hadn't logged in for 4-5 hours.

That may not have been what it was, I'm no expert. In any case I was able to log in this morning just fine.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
I keep getting that message in the launcher when I try to login. Is this just an issue with too many people flooding the game at once or is it more serious? Everything was working fine this morning. Came back a little bit ago and all I'm getting is that now.
Ensign
# 6
05-23-2013, 11:03 PM
i am now getting this issue today. either someone is trying to hack accounts or my launcher is broken somehow. i have tried everything to get the game to work again. also says this with my neverwinter launcher.
Ensign
# 7
05-23-2013, 11:05 PM
any of you find a work around that works for this issue ?
Ensign
Thats the message i get from the Cryptic launcher when trying to log in. This happens with STO, CO, and NW. Is anyone else having this issue?
Ensign
# 9
05-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Yes, I am having the same issue right now. Been having this issue for the last hour. Did not have it this morning when I logged in to check on my toons. IDK what the deal is but I also have an account issue were my sub was canceled by the system and then reset my vet days from 688 to 352.

I re-subbed through a different payment option but support still hasn't responded and by vet days are still way off.
"STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
Starfleet Veteran
I get the above error when I try to log in. Says the same thing for Neverwinter and STO. I changed my password just in case, but does anyone have any explanation?
---------------------
DeltaFox