Lt. Commander
# 101
05-31-2013, 03:53 PM
God how I wish this would happen. Or at least give alt characters some sort of time+marks+dil discount.
Empire Veteran
# 102
05-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
Agreed! 100%! Account wide!
where do i have to sign?
Republic Veteran
# 103
05-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Disagree! 100% Character Bound!
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Rihannsu
# 104
05-31-2013, 06:19 PM
I'd love to see Bind to Character replaced by Bind to Account. I think that would be an easy solution.

That way, you can do the rep grind on all your alts, if that's your bag. But you also have the option to just grind it once and then purchase goods for your alts.

It would also help me spend my Mining Claims, and Lobi Crystals on different characters
---
Starfleet Veteran
# 105
05-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Quick Feedback:

I think the current thing is fine.

Though I think there could be more account-based stuff like unlocking remans for Remans
Career Officer
# 106
06-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazag View Post
Quick Feedback:

I think the current thing is fine.

Though I think there could be more account-based stuff like unlocking remans for Remans
Let me guess, you have 1 or 2 characters?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Commander
# 107
06-01-2013, 02:26 AM
i propose that they eliminate the project timers and simply add a contribute all button to each individual input. it's all about streamlining. either way, youre still doing the grind, but each character progresses at a rate that they can establish themselves.

that said, you could also add the equipment drops back to their respective stfs. it would force players who want to short cut the system have to play all the content to receive a chance to get what they want while still ensuring that they have the reputation system grind to fall back on for the drops they don't get.

it's really all about viable options. this way you cater to both extremes, while focusing on the average player.

Last edited by xsharpex; 06-01-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Captain
# 108
06-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
i propose that they eliminate the project timers and simply add a contribute all button to each individual input. it's all about streamlining. either way, youre still doing the grind, but each character progresses at a rate that they can establish themselves.

that said, you could also add the equipment drops back to their respective stfs. it would force players who want to short cut the system have to play all the content to receive a chance to get what they want while still ensuring that they have the reputation system grind to fall back on for the drops they don't get.

it's really all about viable options. this way you cater to both extremes, while focusing on the average player.
tbh, the only thing that really kills the system, are the timers. I would gladly grind the necessary stuff for it, if it means, that I can bring up a viable character in a week, if I chose to, and not wait around for a month to get the best gear.

I understand that it is there so people log in to play daily, but the system punishes those, who would actually log in every day anyway, to play multiple chars. just make it so, that if you have unlocked it on one character, let the other characters have some advantage (like no timers, or no xp collecting at all, or you could share the equipment from other chars, but the passives are still bound to char, so you would have to grind...)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Empire Veteran
# 109
06-02-2013, 03:42 AM
At the bare minimum they should atleast make the store unlock purchases account bound.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Captain
# 110
06-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkiu View Post
where do i have to sign?
Indeed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.