Survivor of Romulus
# 11
05-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Well, I'm complaining dammit.

Things were going great, STF-wise...then the Season 7 Rep system happened.
They could have left the STF stuff alone, seeing how (supposedly) so many players loathed doing them to get the Borg/KHG/MACO/Omega sets.
But noooooooo...we all get stuck with the Rep system.
So after the shock wore off, months later, I decide to go ahead and tackle the Rep because much like herpes and justin bieber this thing isn't going away.

Then, like being kicked in the groin by the girl you pissed off then challenged to a fight you ultimately lose, I find out that you have to do this same damn thing for ALL the characters I enjoy playing.

So am I doing that?
Hell no.
1-2 max...and it's starting to get real boring real fast.
I think I actually play less, now.

CRYPTIC, MAKE THE REP SYSTEM UNLOCKS ACCOUNT WIDE.
OR BETTER YET GIVE US OUR PRE-SEASON 7 STF SYSTEM BACK.

This mad smiley is for letting this "Rep" insanity continue ---> <---

^ This guy knows what's up. We the players have to demand a change for this to happen. We should not ignore alt characters because they don't have all of the space buffs from the rep system. Or feel bad for playing them without grinding the rep system.
Captain
# 12
05-19-2013, 04:31 PM
At the very least, the store items need to be account bound. I can understand each character running up the ranks to unlock the tier rewards, but having to grind every store unlock for every character is just depressing. I have a Fed alt that I'm not playing much at the moment, but he's an alien gen Romulan. Pretty much all of the New Romulus rep gear would be perfect for him, but with my main Fed and another Fed alt already grinding the New Romulus rep, I really can't bring myself to start grinding it again for him. I play a lot, and even I don't have enough in game time for that much grinding.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 13
05-19-2013, 04:39 PM
I disagree.

It shouldn't be account bound per se. Instead, if the main character(Character with the most play time) has a capped reputation system then the other characters of that faction should get a boost.

Not complete unlocks. but say double the Reputation points for each project, they're basically officers working Under your main character (That's how I see it anyway).
Empire Veteran
# 14
05-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes please to account-wide rep EXP.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
05-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Agreed! 100%! Account wide!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Couse of the grind i will not make a romulan, got 11 true the reputation grind and im done with it, maby in a couple months i will make a tac romulan for pvp..
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
05-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
I disagree.

It shouldn't be account bound per se. Instead, if the main character(Character with the most play time) has a capped reputation system then the other characters of that faction should get a boost.

Not complete unlocks. but say double the Reputation points for each project, they're basically officers working Under your main character (That's how I see it anyway).
Something akin to that would be an acceptable change. What do you think about being able to purchase Rep gear and make it (Bind on Equip and Account Bound) so that I can purchase it on my main and send the gear to my alt. It would not be able to be sold on the exchange or anything, so the work still has to be put in initially.
Career Officer
# 18
05-19-2013, 05:01 PM
So just read this entire thread. And let me say, wow.

again...

W o w.

Lets take Omega rep for a moment. You just hit 50. And decided to do an elite space stf. Hey did you know what you just got enough Omega Marks for the first two projects? and if you rinse and repeat an elite space stf a day, you can max out that alts Omega rep in about 35.71428571428571 days. But we can just round it on up to 36. Lets count that, 36 days. Pretty sure in the pre-season 7 some of you ran more than 36 STFs.

Or you can just go with the idea of,

Give it to me with no effort! Because (insert random excuse here). My mommy and daddy give me everything I want, why cant the game?

Last edited by fuzzzika; 05-19-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Captain
# 19
05-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzzika View Post
So just read this entire thread. And let me say, wow.

again...

W o w.

Lets take Omega rep for a moment. You just hit 50. And decided to do an elite space stf. Hey did you know what you just got enough Omega Marks for the first two projects? and if you rinse and repeat an elite space stf a day, you can max out that alts Omega rep in about 35.71428571428571 days. But we can just round it on up to 36. Lets count that, 36 days. Pretty sure in the pre-season 7 some of you ran more than 36 STFs.

Or you can just go with the idea of,

Give it to me with no effort! Because (insert random excuse here). My mommy and daddy give me everything I want, why cant the game?
Now imagine if you have 15+ characters. That's nearly 1.5 years - and even longer for Rom Rep, Tholian Rep, and Event Rep. Plus whatever new Rep systems that get added in the coming months.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 20
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Now imagine if you have 15+ characters. That's nearly 1.5 years - and even longer for Rom Rep, Tholian Rep, and Event Rep. Plus whatever new Rep systems that get added in the coming months.
Oh wait, I do. since season 7 release, i have 9 of my 13 maxed. Started with just 3 toons, each an stf a day. Sometimes I would get all full'a moxy and do 4 or 5 a day. you know. Try and accomplish something in a game.