Career Officer
# 31
05-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzzika View Post
Here is the issue with making it a one time progression.

Whats the point of even playing the alt if your not doing something with it? Oh bam, I am level fifty. And look, I have my gear because Uncle Sugar went and did the grind for me. Oh I know, I'll do stf's for kicks with friends. Oh wait, after a few weeks of stomping the Borg to death I am bored. Lets play something else.

PWE or Cryptic, what ever you want to call it would be stupid to dumb the game down any further than it already has been.
I'll tell you the point, trying new ships, careers, builds,... other ways of playing the game.

And after a few weeks as you say it would be nice if some REAL endgame content was introduced, like new STFs, fleet actions... all those things you see that have a queue to play them as a team, for example. Have you heard of the weekly episodes...? It was something everyone looked up to, but the idea "vanished".

New ships, weapons, sets, boffs, fleet advancements,... are not needed if there is no content to use those things. Less lockboxes, sliders to fill with resources, stupid epooh missions,... and more FUN endgame content, please.

Putting the grind back to a reasonable level is the first step to make people create new chars and spend some money in the game... everybody wins, Cryptic and the players. This alone should be a good reason to make reputation account bound.
Rihannsu
# 32
05-19-2013, 06:57 PM
While I would like an account wide reputation system, I don't really see Cryptic changing the rep system at this point. They have their reasons for making the reps character-bound (money related) and they rarely make something that was character-bound account-bound, they usually go the other way around.

However, what I would like to see is a single reputation currency (both fleet and personal reps combined) instead of one for every new reputation system they add to the game. It would help to speed up the progression of the reps as anyone could play any mission that rewards rep marks instead of a few missions that only reward 20 marks or so.

I grant you that it would mean that 90% of people would just grind ESTF's for all the reps. I also realize that it would break immersion in some people's eyes, but then this game has never been heavy on immersion. It would also do away with the choice of marks stuff that has been added to some of the queued missions.

Where a single reputation currency would really shine though, is filling equipment projects on reps other than Omega, where it can take more casual players DAYS to fill a project that would take only an hour or so to fill if it was an Omega project.
Captain
# 33
05-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Nukara will be easy enough for my federation character. Having the lobi enhanced suit enables me to jump to the starting point of T3 almost instantly.

For my klingon character (also T5 Omega and Romulan) i don't look forward to the nukara grind.

For my upcoming Romulan .. well i'll play for the new story, but i am certainly not looking forward to going through the whole Omega, Romulan and new Nukara reputation.

The Romulans should start at Romulus T3-4 because they already whooped the Tal Shiar and cleaned out nimbus.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
05-19-2013, 07:00 PM
I was thinking... either faction-bound reputation so you only had to do it 3 times (with resource input from all the character from the same faction) OR being able to start the reputation system as soon you started a new character, with the marks being provided by playing story missions, and by the time you reach level 50 you should be at tier 2 or 3, and of course, the story missions stopping giving the reputation marks as soon you reach level 50.

After all... even if you have a level 20 character, the reputation gear is for level 50
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Captain
# 35
05-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodopamine View Post
Grind: A repeating task that a player engages in to advance in the game.

No I do not have to sit there killing boars over and over but it is still a grind. Would you rather I use the term resource and time sink?
It's a time-gated sink, yes, so that established chars dont just bring all their marks and commodities and click through it all in one sitting. Everybody has to click once per day. Its not really a grind though. It's ridiculously easy.
Career Officer
# 36
05-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlirio View Post
I'll tell you the point, trying new ships, careers, builds,... other ways of playing the game.

And after a few weeks as you say it would be nice if some REAL endgame content was introduced, like new STFs, fleet actions... all those things you see that have a queue to play them as a team, for example. Have you heard of the weekly episodes...? It was something everyone looked up to, but the idea "vanished".

New ships, weapons, sets, boffs, fleet advancements,... are not needed if there is no content to use those things. Less lockboxes, sliders to fill with resources, stupid epooh missions,... and more FUN endgame content, please.

Putting the grind back to a reasonable level is the first step to make people create new chars and spend some money in the game... everybody wins, Cryptic and the players. This alone should be a good reason to make reputation account bound.
Oh you mean like the ones that are already in the game? Yeah been playing a while, and I remember them from when they came out. and to be honest, while weekly episodes are fun when you play them. 20 minutes later the fun is over.
Captain
# 37
05-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I do not favour an account wide reputation system, because in my view it makes the alt, the other character rather flat. Nevertheless I would like to see some kind of bonus system, so the fact that you have maxed out reputation on one character, is a benefit for other characters on that account.

I also suggested once to make it possible to have your alts on one and the same crew, so you could level and get reputation points for your team. An alternative is to have an alt assigned to the crew of your main. This alt character would not be on your team, but it would receive xp and/or reputation points when you play with the main character.
Career Officer
# 38
05-19-2013, 11:21 PM
I have T5 romulan/omega on my Fed, T5 Omega on my KDF and i'm not doing romulan reputation on him...

... at this point, I'm not sure how seriously I'm even going to play any romulan character. In fact I cancelled my Legacy pre-order figuring I'll continue playing my Fed the most.

Certainly there are players who can grind multiple toons all day long. Then there are those of us who squeak by on a couple of hours a day, barely keeping up with the grind of the reputation systems, the fleet build, etc...

... come on PWE, throw us a bone. Do something simply for the FUN of your player base, something like making all of our gear account bound.

Oh well, I waste my QQ because nobody of import is listening.
Empire Veteran
# 39
05-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodopamine View Post
The developers should change the Reputation system to be account bound. This is officially a player submitted request to have the Reputation system redesigned to work on an account based system. Players should be allowed (At the very least) to purchase gear from the reputation store (Bind on Equip, Bound to Account.) The reputation system powers could be another matter. Perhaps Reputation across factions would still remain separate, but grinding out the reputation more than once or twice is absolutely ridiculous.

The reputation grind is probably the worst addition to this game and is an insult to the Star Trek community. If we don't act on this, the game developers will take it as far as they want.

We want content not grinding.
I do not agree... there is nothing wrong if you have to work a little to have a full skilled character and this system does not require so much grinding. What I do not like is paying to unlock a store or an item... it's like paying to enter in a store and have a look... it's like paying to unlock the zen or the dilithium store.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Nope. The grind is a waste of time.