Survivor of Romulus
# 41
05-19-2013, 11:42 PM
i would not mind it so much if you completed it on one char meant that it unlocked a new rep-mission that gave you double the mission rewards on the rest of your chars. so instead of e,g 1000 rep points it gave you 2000 rep points that would kill off half the grind.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 42
05-20-2013, 02:25 AM
I made a similar thread and I wholeheartedly agree with account-wide Reputation (and certain accolades for that matter). Because like others have said, the more characters you got, the more work you have to do. (And less fun in the process).

And those with Romulan characters, will have to start all over again, (no Winter Epohhs to help out). That said, I am surprised that we don't earn Romulan Reputation in the storyline, because technically our Romulan characters helped found the Romulan Republic and establish New Romulus, so you could be pretty famous (I.E. have serious reputation). As someone said earlier, doesn't have to be all, but be nice if we had most of the work unlocked by the time we hit Tier 5.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Commander
# 43
05-20-2013, 03:26 AM
I used to disagree with this, but after going through the rep grind with several characters I have to agree that I wish the rep system was account wide. LoR is coming out in a couple days and I have zero desire to take another character through the reputation system. Some will always say (Then don't do the rep system no one is forcing you) but you are gimping yourself if you don't. Particularly in pvp where every extra little advantage helps. Bleh~

U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Lieutenant
# 44
05-20-2013, 03:30 AM
you may have just created a new rep system idea based with account-wide functionality
more grinds!
Career Officer
# 45
05-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Farmville one word
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
Commander
# 46
05-20-2013, 04:28 AM
I also support 100% account wide reputation system unlocks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
05-20-2013, 04:34 AM
I think this is a good idea, but should be at least optional

(For example, i am now t5 in both omega and rom for my fed, if it automatically copied over to my Klingon, i would have no reason to play.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Career Officer
# 48 even more toons to rep
05-20-2013, 05:09 AM
And dont forget: Cryptic expects us to start another toon: Romulan. Asside to having the nakura rep for all current toons + new rommie toon, the rommie toon also has to do the omega and rumulan rep AGAIN....
Do you want to improve healing; use keybinds

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
@rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
@rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
05-20-2013, 05:48 AM
I posted elsewhere but can't re-find it anymore.

Use something similar to TOR's legacy points.

Whenever I unlock a Reputation tier I gain a 5% reputation boost on my alts. By the Time I complete tier 5 on 3 characters I have a 75% discount to complete projects on any other toon who is starting this. Should be capped at 75% though. A similar boost can be applied to required time of project completion.
Hell they could even throw in some upgrade projects to unlock the discount.

And store unlocks should be account unlocks.

When I unlock a store item, it should immediately be available for all toons who have completed the same reputation tier.

That way the whole thing would stay alt friendly and even encourage alt play, because you can spread out the different reputations to different characters initially.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-20-2013, 08:24 AM
How about something similar to the Legacy system in SWTOR, where each character on the account adds to the system as they gain XP.

In the rep window they could have one progress bar for each rep system, you then have to select the one your going to be filling, and then go off an earn skill points/expertise to fill that one. Once you fill it you are given access to the tier 1 rep gear for that rep system, which you then have to unlock in a similar fashion to how it is atm, by dumping EC,Dil, expertise and gear into it, once it's unlocked anyone on that account can buy it if they can use it, which means your alts will have to be at least lvl 40 to use the mark X gear.
Once you unlock tier 1 the progress bar empties and you have refill it to get to tier 2, and so on up the tiers, and the same thing goes for the other rep systems.

Should keep most people busy running around doing anything that gives lots of skill points/expertise.