Captain
# 51
05-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzzika View Post
Oh wait, after a few weeks of stomping the Borg to death I am bored. Lets play something else.
and making us repeat rep grind is different how?

This is supposed to be a game we do for fun in our spare time NOT a job.
Ensign
# 52 account wide
05-20-2013, 10:14 AM
i agree with this. it needs to change i stoped playing for a little over a year and now i come back and can't even finish projects i had started because i have to go back and grid rep on all my toons. its getting old fast and if the chart i found is right the people posting that is 30 days is wrong so now i have to spend what little time i have to play grinding parts for rep and for what? there are gaps for someone like my self who dose not play alot so i look at it as i need to save the stuff i get just to pour it into the rep system to lvl it to be able to get the XK XII items i want but that means that between tier 2 and tier 4 all im doing to rep no rewards for that and now i have to repeat it for each alt i have this makes me not want to make a new toon witch i have been realy looking forward too and my wife is in the same spot and she ordered a starter pack for LOR, but now dose not want to play due to knowing that she will have to wast at lest a month on rep yet again.

PWE, CRPTIC please make rep acount wide let all toons add for rep if you want to balance it make each one have to unlock the items to me haveing to run the STF's to get the marks or proccesors to unlock and buy things is fine but haveing to run them just for the sake of rep it self gets old fast if end game is only rep grinding then thats no end game
Career Officer
# 53
05-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Hmm, I'm going to have to look into the SWTOR Legacy system that was proposed on the previous page. That sounds very interesting and something like that could work here.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 54
05-20-2013, 10:53 AM
I agree with those who have mentioned store items/unlocks should be account based. Passives etc. should remain per character. It may help to alleviate the tediousness/boredom if there were more ways to earn rep. As an example, any content involving the Borg (Red Alerts, Defara Invasion, mission replays etc.) could award OMEGA Rep and any of the Romulan Front missions reward Romulan Rep points. This adds more variety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Ensign
# 55
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Rep system should account wide benefits.
Maybe as stated before a discount for alts to level tiers.
Career Officer
# 56
05-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I am for the reputation system to be account bound rather than per character. Like other people have said, the reputation system in TOR is great.

As it is, when we grind the rep system, we have a time limit when we complete a project until another one comes available. The rep system is a bit different in tor as they have a weekly cap per rep. Remember when they do a quest like one of the makeb ones, they get a rep consumable. Once they use that, that adds to the rep whereas here we have to do them as projects.

The thing is that may be of concern is the projects that give you dilithium. Yes we can only grind 8,000 per day, but they may want to set an account cap so that it does not destabilize our economy.

STO Member since August 2008
Empire Veteran
# 57
05-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Account bound tiers but character unlock gear, Makes sense as the character has to work to get the gear rather than it freely given out to alts.

This entire reputation system has made me reevaluate STO. I prefer the KDF gameplay and feel of the game and due to this have totally not touch my Federation characters except turning them into farmers. I have been forced to delete characters I made to have fun on and have decided to only make one Romulan just to play the new content and that will be it. No developing this character, no STF's etc. It too will either be deleted or turned into a farmer due to this insane grind they call a Rep system.

I think all reputation points should be the same, no Omega, Romulan or Tholian. Just Reputation marks that you can use in any reputation system you want. You gain reputation marks for everything like skill points. So if you do a Lore mission, or a campaign mission like Bringing Down the House you get reputation marks for it. The reputation projects should also do away with the commodities and just ask for expertise and marks. Still a grind, but combined with the account bound tiers it won't hit players as hard.

STO has lost a lot of the fun appeal since season 7, it feels more like work now due to the combination of the reputation and fleet systems. I miss the season 4 and 5 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
05-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Account bound! Account bound! Account bound!

Been saying it all along, glad alot of others are too!

Let the store purchases be individual but the tier 5 rep progression itself be unlocked for the entire account, its purely a waste of time redoing the same bloody thing over and over and over...if the reman is account unlocked why isnt the rest of the system?

its probably the only thing TOR did right was making it an account wide system for all REPUTATION
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Totally agree. The rep grind makes alts nothing more than farm toons because grinding out rep once is more than enough. I agree that tiers should be account bound and item unlocks be per character.
Career Officer
# 60
05-21-2013, 08:08 AM
This entire thread. Yes it has become this

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/up...dead-horse.gif