Career Officer
# 61
05-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzzika View Post
This entire thread. Yes it has become this

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/up...dead-horse.gif
So, the huge majority of the players who have posted here agree... but you have a different opinion so as soon as no one writes for a couple of hours you decide the thread is dead and make a funny post to kill it, just in case... nice.

Sorry, but there will be more and more threads like this one as people start playing LoR, when they realize they have to repeat the rep grind again for the romulan char and also do the Nukara rep on every char. It is unavoidable, many people will complain, but many more will stop playing a boring grind and will quit the game.

Remember, only a few of the players write here, most don't even know the forum exists. And the ones who write here are usually the ones that care about the game and want it to be succesful, that's why you see most people have forum titles, they are the ones PAYING the developers to keep the game running. If those people are complaining something is wrong. And in this thread there are many of those.

Doing the rep grind once is bad enough, doing it for every char is unbearable. Right now Alts are not viable, and that's bad for the players and Cryptic's income, something has to be done.

Account wide reputation is needed for alts, it does nothing to one-char accounts and gives a huge benefit to multiple-char accounts, so why not?
Career Officer
# 62
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
What next? Account wide promotions? The rep system is not as difficult as you are claiming.
Republic Veteran
# 63
05-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlirio View Post
So, the huge majority of the players who have posted here agree... but you have a different opinion so as soon as no one writes for a couple of hours you decide the thread is dead and make a funny post to kill it, just in case... nice.

Sorry, but there will be more and more threads like this one as people start playing LoR, when they realize they have to repeat the rep grind again for the romulan char and also do the Nukara rep on every char. It is unavoidable, many people will complain, but many more will stop playing a boring grind and will quit the game.

Remember, only a few of the players write here, most don't even know the forum exists. And the ones who write here are usually the ones that care about the game and want it to be succesful, that's why you see most people have forum titles, they are the ones PAYING the developers to keep the game running. If those people are complaining something is wrong. And in this thread there are many of those.

Doing the rep grind once is bad enough, doing it for every char is unbearable. Right now Alts are not viable, and that's bad for the players and Cryptic's income, something has to be done.

Account wide reputation is needed for alts, it does nothing to one-char accounts and gives a huge benefit to multiple-char accounts, so why not?
Oh yes because the Freebs are totally the ones who pay the light bills at cryptic. You got me! I am totally defeated by your wall of text.
Lt. Commander
# 64
05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valarauko43 View Post
What next? Account wide promotions? The rep system is not as difficult as you are claiming.
It's not hard, but it's expensive and boring.

As I said in another thread about rep, my one I'm actively trying to max out Omega rep on has already bankrupted on EC and isn't even to tier 4 yet. I had at least 50k-52k more rep to go, and I'm nearly bankrupt on EC AGAIN (after raiding the EC stash of A DIFFERENT CHARACTER).

I'm in NO way, shape, or form enticed to do the rep on ANY other character, for ANY of the reps based on the experience I've had with a SINGLE char trying to max Omega. I might do the romulan rep on my romulan character simply to get the reman race for free, but otherwise, I'm not enticed to touch any of them.

If it was account wide, (now, I'm meaning overall rep. As in every char who does say, the romulan gain 2k rep points mission goes into the same pool) I'd be more enticed to try and max it.

And, I agree with the view of "Every char inputs to the same account wide rep pool, BUT each char must personally purchase items." aka, an alt must gain the dilithium and marks to buy XII MACO armor, and doesn't get it for free. However they can start working on that instantly upon hitting 50.
Republic Veteran
# 65
05-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalavier View Post
It's not hard, but it's expensive and boring.

As I said in another thread about rep, my one I'm actively trying to max out Omega rep on has already bankrupted on EC and isn't even to tier 4 yet. I had at least 50k-52k more rep to go, and I'm nearly bankrupt on EC AGAIN (after raiding the EC stash of A DIFFERENT CHARACTER).

I'm in NO way, shape, or form enticed to do the rep on ANY other character, for ANY of the reps based on the experience I've had with a SINGLE char trying to max Omega. I might do the romulan rep on my romulan character simply to get the reman race for free, but otherwise, I'm not enticed to touch any of them.

If it was account wide, (now, I'm meaning overall rep. As in every char who does say, the romulan gain 2k rep points mission goes into the same pool) I'd be more enticed to try and max it.

And, I agree with the view of "Every char inputs to the same account wide rep pool, BUT each char must personally purchase items." aka, an alt must gain the dilithium and marks to buy XII MACO armor, and doesn't get it for free. However they can start working on that instantly upon hitting 50.
I stand corrected. Lets make it it account unlock only. But I say we make it a life time perk only.
Career Officer
# 66
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm really curious... why are you so much against account wide reputation??? it beats me. If you like the grind missions, you can do them for the fun of it... Why are you so defensive of the actual rep system??? Don't you want more people playing and trying new things with their alts?... how many characters do you have and how many hours do you play daily?? maybe if you give me some answers i could begin to understand your defense of the rep system as it is. Because now I really can't.
Republic Veteran
# 67
05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlirio View Post
I'm really curious... why are you so much against account wide reputation??? it beats me. If you like the grind missions, you can do them for the fun of it... Why are you so defensive of the actual rep system??? Don't you want more people playing and trying new things with their alts?... how many characters do you have and how many hours do you play daily?? maybe if you give me some answers i could begin to understand your defense of the rep system as it is. Because now I really can't.

I am against account wide rep because it makes the game to easy. And i have around 13 toons. most of them are finished with their rep. Romie and Omega. and that's just from doing an ISE and Tau Dewa patrol and radiation daily. Just from doing two toons at a time, because real life calls here and there. Honestly if it was account wide, what is the point to keep me playing after I max it once? other than the fact I pumped out the cash for a life time a few years ago. Honestly the rep system needs to be in the game, because people thought the old loot drop system was to hard. And wanted something different. And now that we have it, no one likes it. Personally I like the system, its faster progress wise cause i can spend about an hour or two and get done what i want. And a if there is account wide rep system, that sounds a bit like a Lifer perk to me.
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Account rep please.

Not doing another rep'd toon again. costs too much.
Career Officer
# 69
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzzika View Post
I am against account wide rep because it makes the game to easy. And i have around 13 toons. most of them are finished with their rep. Romie and Omega. and that's just from doing an ISE and Tau Dewa patrol and radiation daily. Just from doing two toons at a time, because real life calls here and there. Honestly if it was account wide, what is the point to keep me playing after I max it once? other than the fact I pumped out the cash for a life time a few years ago. Honestly the rep system needs to be in the game, because people thought the old loot drop system was to hard. And wanted something different. And now that we have it, no one likes it. Personally I like the system, its faster progress wise cause i can spend about an hour or two and get done what i want. And a if there is account wide rep system, that sounds a bit like a Lifer perk to me.
Well, it seems that what's fun for you is incredibly boring and repetitive for most os us. I personally think that spending two hours daily for months doing stuff i don't like to do to keep up the progression of the characters before i can actually play some fun content is absurd. If you also take into consideration that most paying players have jobs and they don't play two hours daily then you'll see why we want account wide rep. Not the unlocks, but the tiers, so we are not forced to repeat what we consider boring grind content.

You just said it, nobody likes it.

I kind of understand your view, but i can't agree with you, and you'll have to admit your position sounds a little selfish when everybody is asking for the account based rep. And be serious... 13 chars, you now have to do nukara rep on 13 chars... are you really going to have fun or will it be tedious and repetitive?. If it's for the challenge... well, you can make it optional, like playing on elite, advanced or normal difficulty, let the player choose if he/she wants account based rep, and everybody happy :-)
Career Officer
# 70
05-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valarauko43 View Post
In hindsight, no it's not.

But there are players who really don't have the time to play everyday. Or players who have multiple characters they have to work, which consumes all their free time grinding, instead of playing for fun.