Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Captain
# 51
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
How do you earn more character slots? How do you earn more DOFF slots? How do you earn more bank space?? YOU CAN'T you have to BUY IT. And the prices are outrageous for a few more slots to put stuff in.
You do end-game missions which pay Dilithium. You then trade that Dilithium for Zen. You then use the Zen to buy whatever you want.

Don't confuse immediate gratification with impossible. The average player can make over 1,700 Zen per month playing a couple of hours a day on a single character. How many FTP MMOs can you name where someone like me can buy everything new the game offers for sale each month without ever spending a dime?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 52
05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto1 View Post
How do you earn more character slots? How do you earn more DOFF slots? How do you earn more bank space?? YOU CAN'T you have to BUY IT.
All of that can be purchased with dilithium. Two character slots is 650 zen which can be bought with 84k dilithium at current exchange. With just one active character that is 11 days of time-gate delay, two characters will get it done in 6 days. Then after that you can grind 4 characters per day if you want to increase your processing rate. Its entirely possible to do pretty much everything without paying real money. You may not want to do it, but that is something else entirely.

Or you can give them $10 for stuff every so often, just because you like playing. Older games on ebay cost about that much, so I dont mind giving them a couple of bucks every so often. I get more enjoyment from this game than I do from eating at McDonalds once a month, so I dont mind paying for stuff once in a while.
Career Officer
# 53
05-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
All of that can be purchased with dilithium. Two character slots is 650 zen which can be bought with 84k dilithium at current exchange. With just one active character that is 11 days of time-gate delay, two characters will get it done in 6 days. Then after that you can grind 4 characters per day if you want to increase your processing rate. Its entirely possible to do pretty much everything without paying real money. You may not want to do it, but that is something else entirely.

Or you can give them $10 for stuff every so often, just because you like playing. Older games on ebay cost about that much, so I dont mind giving them a couple of bucks every so often. I get more enjoyment from this game than I do from eating at McDonalds once a month, so I dont mind paying for stuff once in a while.
Right also PWE gift cards cost $10 for 1000 zen
Captain
# 54
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
Even the lobi ships are accessable via the exchange for in the end low prices.. okay its like 80mios but if you're at least modest in your play you can easily farm that in under a week if need be.
You invalidate everything you write by claiming that 80 million ec is something you can earn through modest play in under a week.
Captain
# 55
05-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You do end-game missions which pay Dilithium. You then trade that Dilithium for Zen. You then use the Zen to buy whatever you want.

Don't confuse immediate gratification with impossible. The average player can make over 1,700 Zen per month playing a couple of hours a day on a single character. How many FTP MMOs can you name where someone like me can buy everything new the game offers for sale each month without ever spending a dime?

You forget - all of that zen is being bought by someone, somewhere, at sometime.
Republic Veteran
# 56
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfrontier View Post
You invalidate everything you write by claiming that 80 million ec is something you can earn through modest play in under a week.
No, it's possible. It takes a combination of selling various things on the Exchange and running some events, but it's quite possible to do without a terrible grind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfrontier View Post
You forget - all of that zen is being bought by someone, somewhere, at sometime.
And? What's your point? He didn't forget anything. People buy Zen off the Dilithium Exchange, use it to get stuff off the C-Store. That's not surprising, so I don't know what you're driving at.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.