Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minmed View Post
This is a common problem that many have encountered. I think the current workaround is to change your graphic settings to low. At least, that seemed to work for a few people, myself included. Once I changed my settings, Sol loaded just fine. I hope the devs are working on this problem because not everyone wants to play with low graphics.
It's actually Minimal graphical settings.

I have bug reported this after running a few tests myself. To be more specific for me at least it's just the Sol System space map, as being transported via a team request to Spacedock loaded fine, but entering space itself via sector map or from the dock has the loading issue, even when the area is less populated.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
It's actually Minimal graphical settings.

I have bug reported this after running a few tests myself. To be more specific for me at least it's just the Sol System space map, as being transported via a team request to Spacedock loaded fine, but entering space itself via sector map or from the dock has the loading issue, even when the area is less populated.
So people are having trouble loading not only to the spacedock, but from it as well? Interesting.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain my graphics settings are already at the minimum setting but I'll check again.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Sorry for the double post but I seem to have stumbled on a fix that works for me. For some reason, if the progress bar is full and it still isn't loading I just have to Alt-Tab to another window (say Firefox for example) and Alt-Tab back. Each time I've done this the words "Press any key" appear and doing so loads the place I want to go.

Don't know if this is coincidence or not but I've done it three times so far and each time it's worked.

EDIT: Seems I jumped the gun. Just tried it again and it didn't work. Sorry 'bout that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
hi there,
same problem here.. so far i heard that problems only from european players.. are u guys also from europe?
would be interesting 2 know if the american players have the same problem..

greetings
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
same problem when i load my game and log in it try's to enter the SOL system but its not working it hangs up.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Theirs a fix for it.. Lower all the graphics settings. turn all the graphics settings off in Advance settings.. Lower resolution to 1024x7xx. Then login and you will be fine. I think theirs a problem with one of the graphics drives or something.... I got into Sol by doing this and so have others...

Let me no if it works
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
thx 4 answer netblaise..i will try that..
ääh.. stupid question.. how can i change that? i just could click go to safe mode.. dont find any other options to change it....

lance is going to the corner and is ashamed of him self...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
ok..found it..*G* changed it now to 800 / 600... lowest.. lets see if it works...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
ok...800 / 600 didnt work...now i try your resolution... hope it works.. I WANNA PLAY....*sniff*:
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancvienna View Post
hi there,
same problem here.. so far i heard that problems only from european players.. are u guys also from europe?
would be interesting 2 know if the american players have the same problem..

greetings

Yep I am Having the problem...

Seattle WA
West Coast