Lieutenant
So I am able to buy the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit but it will cost 4 modules rather than 1

Even though I have the Normal Exploration Cruiser Retrofit among my ships and a tick next to it in Ship requisitions showing me I have it.

However the C-store tells me I have it in my inventory but will cost 2000 zen to buy am I going to get screwed over and have to spent 2000zen on a ship I already have just to get the fleet version?

Last edited by levesly; 05-13-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levesly View Post
So I am able to buy the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit but it will cost 4 modules rather than 1

Even though I have the Normal Exploration Cruiser Retrofit among my ships and a tick next to it in Ship requisitions showing me I have it.

However the C-store tells me I have it in my inventory but will cost 2000 zen to buy am I going to get screwed over and have to spent 2000zen on a ship I already have just to get the fleet version?
Did you by any chance buy the ship with your veteran token ? If so, you don't qualify for the discount.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 3
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Prior to FTP people were able to get a free Galaxy Retrofit with a VA token. The Module discount is not recognized if you got your Galaxy R from the VA token - or if you got it from the current 600 day Vet Reward token.

The module discount is only for people who actually purchased the Galaxy R from the C-Store - you get a 3 module discount because you've already paid $20.00 for the Galaxy R. If you never paid real money for it you don't get a Module discount.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 4
05-13-2013, 02:38 PM
How very irksome. Thanks for the replies
Ensign
# 5
05-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Look it it this way: I bought the bought the ship with money ($20) converted to zen. Then I purchased 1 ship module to get the fleet version (another $5). So, in all I spent $25 for the fleet exploration cruiser retrofit.

Since you already have the ship via a token, you get a $5 discount in you want the fleet variant quickly. Or, you could grind for Dil and get the modules that way.
Captain
# 6
05-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The module discount is only for people who actually purchased the Galaxy R from the C-Store - you get a 3 module discount because you've already paid $20.00 for the Galaxy R. If you never paid real money for it you don't get a Module discount.
They did pay real money for it. The VA token comes from the Lifetime Subscription, does it not?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Career Officer
# 7
05-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
They did pay real money for it. The VA token comes from the Lifetime Subscription, does it not?
But the VA Token doesn't count as a substitute for a C-Store purchase, as its not an Account wide unlock...
Captain
# 8
05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post

"Back in the day" (as in right before the game went F2P which was when you could buy steam keys for $1.00/month and get 1-bajillion days of game time for $50 give or take) Gold+ players would get a VA token upon reaching VA.

This let you "buy" a VA store ship, once. I don't recall it being account wide or re-obtainable if you discharged the ship.

They claimed that it was "unfair that people could get VA ships in a single month of subscription" which translates into "it's not fair that people get VA ships and realize how terrible they are without paying more than a month of subscription to get there."

And now you know where the VA token for the LTS/Vet reward comes from. They recycled it.