Survivor of Remus
# 1 A small update = VERY HAPPY
05-21-2013, 07:13 AM
While reading the release notes for LOR today I just noticed a small update that I've been wanting for a while but didn't expect with the launch of LOR:

"Resolved an issue that caused players to lose control of steering their ships after respawning."

I've lost count of the number of STF missions where I ended up respawning and then couldn't steer my ship until I was killed and respawned again.

I hope this fix actually works because it will resolve one of the most annoying elements of STF.

I just wanted to say, "THANK YOU" to all the devs who have been working to fix this issue.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Cool I guess. But I can honestly say I never once encountered this bug.
# 3
05-21-2013, 07:15 AM
I have on several occasions. You have to press ESC or simply manually target another enemy ship to break the steer lock. Alas, now that its fixed, no need for this advice I guess.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 4
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Happened on a replay mission to me and didn't think to use ESC. Thankfully the Doomsday Machine barfed on me before I started yelling at the screen. The Re-respawn worked fine.

Needless to say, when I saw this in the Patch notes ... I smiled.

Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 5
05-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Honestly i wouldve been happier to see they fixed the bug where the options reset when changing zones. On my engi i use follow target while fighting but chase cam when flying from point A to B and i have to change after zoning rather than just before because sometimes it reverts after. Then there is the ever annoying over the shoulder cam that i despise and must be changed everytime because that option NEVER sticks to anything but on.