Survivor of Romulus
# 71
05-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Hehehe nice homage to the Star Trek 2009 movie with the shrapnel torpedoes, Cryptic.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of borg/borgified ships, but I soo look forward to blowing these abominations from the skies.

EDIT: Glad to see the Scimitar missing from this combo. I hope this means it's set up to be the Republic's flagship 3-pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Is it sad that the thing I am most looking forward to is the Khelid non-combat pet?
Well, call me crazy, but this is the second lockbox in a row that I'm most excited about the non-combat pets. I just love the little buggers.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 05-20-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 72
05-20-2013, 01:34 PM
While in related news from Qo'noS.. First City has actually started to float from the butthurt tears. Tsunami warnings have been issued for the Ketha Lowlands. We now return you to Survivor: Bajor already in progress.
Career Officer
# 73
05-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Its not a nasty cloak hunter because there isn't really any purpose for a KDF player to use that when it only works half the time against Klingon cloaked ships it kind of falls under the same thing for KDF science officers where they do not really ever have to engage a klingon ship that cloaks in pve or pvp tbh.

I do know why Cryptic planned this out though it was to make as much money as possible off the KDF with the introduction of the +1 consoles. Then they were saving the plasmonic leech as a hail mary when they needed to get an edge on financial quarter we are headed into.

You would be right overall except for the fact that like I said the best KDF console for the worst fed console lol.
KDF will be engaging tons of Fed Romulans with cloaks after tomorrow though. Both sides will need cloak hunters.
Starfleet Veteran
# 74
05-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Will the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer appear as a NPC ship again? The ship would work pretty well as a replacement for the "prototype" Borgified Mogai; the I.R.W. Esemar, you encounter during the mission S'harien's Swords.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 75
05-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Yep the last reason any new players will ever make a character KDF is down the drain...

The last decent console from the KDF side the plasmonic leech although I did get a laugh out of this because the KDF gets the worst console the gas sensor which only works against klingon ships rofl... utterly worthless nice slap in the face cryptic

its not really a rant but this update tomorrow pretty much removes every single uniqueness the KDF has ever had... but you know how it is there was going to be some huge catch to actually getting leveling content 1-20 you have to lose everything...
And you're surprised why ? Cryptic is desperate to keep it's core audience happy, and with this gift they have run out of items to bribe them with. I wish I could care but I see this as a last gasp of a dying game, and only the fanboys will be left in 18 months when Star Citizen launches, wondering where all the other players went.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 76
05-20-2013, 01:42 PM
So, just checking something here. It seems like people are assuming that the two new Borg-ified ships are Romulan only, but I don't see that anywhere in the blog. I assumed that like all of the main prizes before it, these ships would be available to everyone, no matter faction. Am I missing something?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 77
05-20-2013, 01:42 PM
...so with all this Borg crap in everything....when are they(the Borg) either A) use backdoors and take everything over/take their tech back or B) this becomes Borgs Online.......Borg Everything huh?......reminds me of "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one."..........even as I write this I myself have/use Borg Everything........borderline hypocrisy is fun kids........
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Rihannsu
# 78
05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Well theres my "No narada rubbish"hopes in the game gone -hope you make your money cryptic-You will not lets us play "evil" Tal Shiar or RSE but we can fly around in their borg ships-Go the Republic
Rihannsu
# 79
05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Collect them all for a special accolade (and title, I think)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I m not going to lie. i love pretty much everything that is in the lockbox. Money is going to roll in.....

I cannot stand the accolade in it.

PLease please please do not do this. Accolade hunting is a fringe experience as it is. Lockbox rewards with a random chance to drop the required box with a random chance to drop the required pets.... not nice
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 80
05-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Although the Tal Shiar's development of Borg-infused technology has been publicly decried as rash and dangerous...
But Fed and KDF using Borg salvage to make their ships incorporate Borg parts is just fine! Here's the conversation I see:

Fed: Hey Romulan, the Tal Shiar is bad and using adapted Borg stuff. Join us instead!
Rom: Ok!
Fed: Now have some armor, ship gear, and personal weapons that we've adapted from Borg technology!
Rom: .......