Lt. Commander
# 261
05-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
As a follow up after reading this thread, I bought Plasmonic Leech immediately off the exchange for a small sum of EC last night. Didn't really have the chance to do some real testing until now due to STO server issues. This is the result of using merely one single Flow Capacitor MK XII Ultra-Rare (Plasma Infused) and a build spec for power drain :

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...1462C1D87BA78/

Weapons Power : 125 / 55
Shields Power : 125 / 60
Engines Power : 125 / 60
Auxiliary Power : 130 / 25

Please note from the screenshot, the EPtS was not activated, otherwise, it would add +26.1 to Shields Power due to Electro-Plasma skill = 140, which was redundant given Shields Power is already at 125. Auxiliary power can exceed 125 due to the spec of a Warp Core that allows such design. Only 6 points go into Engines and Shields performance skills each and merely 2 points each to Weapons and Auxiliary performance skills.
Whoa. I use PlasLeech on a drain build and I don't get anything like those numbers. That was before LoR, of course, I haven't done anything else but play a Rommie toon and wait in queue since it dropped.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I see. My drain build doesn't use Energy Siphon, that'll be why... I do more interesting things with it instead.

Last edited by starsvoid; 05-23-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 262
05-23-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
Something is not right here. Did LoR break leech console?
That, and he is attacking a PvE target with no drain defenses. I dare say the bulk of his power is comming through the siphon he is using.
Lt. Commander
# 263
05-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
That, and he is attacking a PvE target with no drain defenses. I dare say the bulk of his power is comming through the siphon he is using.
Yeah, Leech maxes out at ~20-ish. Which is definitely significant, but not, you know, enough to bring someone up to 125/all.
Commander
# 264
05-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Personally I find it hilarious that Klingon captains are complaining about feds getting their sweet consoles while they get feds crappy consoles all the while remaining completely ignorant of the fact that kdf got almost all the sweet consoles while feds got all the crappy consoles.
LOL.
Also the argument that leech was OP at all from Klingon side was non-existent before they had to face it.
Guess how OP aceton will be once feds get that. LOL.
Empire Veteran
# 265
05-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsvoid View Post
Yeah, Leech maxes out at ~20-ish. Which is definitely significant, but not, you know, enough to bring someone up to 125/all.
I imagine his running twin energy siphon has more to do with hos amazing power levels than leech does.
Though I did find his "Thanks KDF" funny since the feds brought up the leech weeks before LoRs release.
All we KDF did was show our being upset that one of our lures for Romulans to come play KDF was taken from us at the most unopportune time. Almost purposely some will say.
Empire Veteran
# 266
05-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
Personally I find it hilarious that Klingon captains are complaining about feds getting their sweet consoles while they get feds crappy consoles all the while remaining completely ignorant of the fact that kdf got almost all the sweet consoles while feds got all the crappy consoles.
LOL.
Also the argument that leech was OP at all from Klingon side was non-existent before they had to face it.
Guess how OP aceton will be once feds get that. LOL.
Well thats BS on many levels. All the consoles where slated for crossfaction as per the devs, The leech was cried as OP by the feds months ago and changed due to that outcry because it was broken and even we KDF admitted it was at that time, The leech now is so easily countered its almost non existant drain on a target while giving full buff to the user thanks to those nerf cries, Lastly our true ***** is the timing of the leech being made availible to the feds because it hurt our attraction to new Romulan players while just making the feds that much attractive a choice.
Heck the feds where demanding the Leech weeks before LoR was even released.

You may want to curtailing your gloating and research the whole history of the leech before assuming this thread is all that concerns it or why the KDF feel cheated again.
Captain
# 267
05-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
That, and he is attacking a PvE target with no drain defenses.
It sounds like you are really not familiar with how energy drain works. A target's drain defenses have no bearing on how much the energy is being transferred. The actual energy gain is based on the strength of the said boff power and the captain's skills, nothing else, not even Aux power level.

Also, to be confirmed by the dev, Borg NPC have in fact higher resists against many Sci powers than players do. Notice how things like scramble sensors or jam sensors barely affect the Borg? What you see in the pic is a Borg Sphere being hammered by total drain on his weapons system by a wooping 109 points. Against a player who has no energy resist, his weapons would be offline long time ago but the Sphere's weapons are not. In addition, NPCs in general have been greatly enhanced at the Elite level since LoR. Borg in particular now move incredibly fast and aggressively that Gravity Well no longer holds them anymore. You should try fighting those NPC at Elite level and see how much they have been buffed, the difference is super obvious.
Captain
# 268
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
The fact that you seem to think EPtE actually doing something = borg getting an uberbuff is adorable.
Captain
# 269
05-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
I imagine his running twin energy siphon has more to do with hos amazing power levels than leech does.
Once again, you think incorrectly. ES has a duplicate cooldown of 30s on each other, which means no ES can run simultaneously. In other words, only one ES may be active at any given time. Hence, running two has nothing to do with the "amazing power levels". Heck, if anyone can put one ES and cause all their powers to be 125+ everywhere, the dev would have nerfed it long time ago. So no, your hypothesis is wrong. As to the exact why & how and details of the mechanics or what consoles are used - I am not going to disclose it in a Klingon forum - sorry, classified on the orders of Starfleet.

Quote:
Though I did find his "Thanks KDF" funny since the feds brought up the leech weeks before LoRs release.
Funny, the news that Starfleet will gain access to Leech was revealed one day before LoR in a LoR blog post, which I read but completely missed. I suspect many Feds also missed them in those long readings and blogs. In other words, nothing caught our attention until the Klingons started to cry foul in super high pitch and attracted the attention of every person and their pets. Notice how this thread has currently the most views in this sub-forum? As for any discussion weeks before, those were just wishful thinking like thousands other ideas out there. You know, I am still hoping they will give me a unique Timeship Warp Core and allow anyone who acquired the Aeon timeship shuttle and the Wells / Mobius main ships to have fighter versions of the Aeron launchable from the main ship. So yeah, if by "brought up", you mean those countless number of speculations and wishes out there -- seriously, who has the time to filter through all of them? They just get lost in the crowd and wouldn't attract much attention. Now, the OP's thread is different - it's not a wish but a statement of fact - now that will catch people's attention and it did.

Quote:
All we KDF did was show our being upset that one of our lures for Romulans to come play KDF was taken from us at the most unopportune time. Almost purposely some will say.
Here I thought the Klingons hate Romulans based on how the Roms interfered in the Klink civil war? Why would you want a bunch of people whom you consider dishonorable, deceitful and downright mean & unworthy to join your side? Has anyone forgot how Wolf's biological parents were killed?

On the other hand, if some newbie Romulan is supposed to be attracted to the KDF based on one single console, that's just hilarious. Let's just say the decision to join one side or the other is most likely a little more complex than based on the "lure" of one single console...

So far, the vast majority of high end Romulan ships I have seen out there seem to go overwhelmingly Federation. Could it be that they realize that joining KDF has less value because they already have the cloaking technology and joining Starfleet will bring more utility to them? In any event, blaming it on one console is just, um...how can I say this diplomatically, well "far-fetched".
Captain
# 270
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Hmm.. I dare say I missed the syphon when I typed that comment last night, in a somewhat inebriated state of mind.