Career Officer
# 1 Plot hole and other stuff
05-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Sorry that I'm late and I'm aware that those things won't make it into tomorrow's release but rather if they even make it in in a fix-release

Devil's choice:

- Z'den dies yet Veril, his daugther, when in the team doesn't say anything about it. In fact she remains silent and just continues the mission as if nothing has happened at all.

- When dyieng in incubator room 3 you respawn in the corridor right after it, with no possibility of re-entering the room, thus making completition of this mission impossible

General
- Romulan warp core breaches are very nice, but what about Fed and KDF ones?
The only thing it needs would be colored shockwaves (Blue fed, red KDF) (like the HarPeng shockwave just colored blue/red/orange for Fed/KDF/Generic)

Last edited by dracondarknight; 05-20-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
I cant say about z'den or spawning in the floor. Ive got no opinion on z'den and ive never spawned in a floor, though ive heard of it happening.. /stuck i hear works but i cant say about that either.
As for Warp core breaches, the Romulans dont use warp cores. they use a synthesized singularity ( a black hole ) so when they breach the ship is sucked into the black hole. Federation ships use a fissionable core which is kind of like an H bomb. it has a much different outcome..
Career Officer
# 3
05-20-2013, 12:29 PM
I know what romulans and Federation uses, thank you. But its still being called a warp core .
Also I was not talking about the Singularity they got sucked in but about the Har'peng alike shockwave afterwards .

A Federation warpcore actually mixes matter and anti matter which is worth more than 10 H bombs .
Either way: It would still have a shockwave

And yeah forget about the floor I meant corridor >>

Last edited by dracondarknight; 05-20-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Rihannsu
# 4
05-20-2013, 12:39 PM
yes, i agree. It would certainly have a shockwave. A very destructive shockwave. And yet, I die time and time again, my nose planted against the enemies hull and what hapens?? nothing.. They get pushed a tiny bit away.. They should be vaporized or pulled into the hole with me..
Rihannsu
# 5
05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Is the door to the incubator room locked? that's.... special...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 6
05-20-2013, 12:52 PM
My point was that tother ships could use one too - or better said a better one.

I think the singularity really pulls stuff towards it, most ships won't realise it due to their own propulsion though. (not sure about this though) .
And yeah the singularity explosion is unique in kinds of warp core breaches as the shockwave does a lot less dmg than a core breach despite its fancy graphics I'd like to see on other factions' ships too :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yes its the corridor you'd use to get to the next room, so basically the door you'd exit it from is locked. You respawn right into that corridor though and can't return in.
Rihannsu
# 7
05-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah, you should definately bug report that...

I never noticed because I didn't respawn during the mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8
05-20-2013, 01:00 PM
I actually ragequitted since its not the first time I failed said mission due to bugs.

I also found out dduring several tests in the past that it is way more effective to report things on the forums than ingame.

So for a bit more specificness:
There is a platform in the thrid incubator room with a ramp up it, on the lower left side of the room (or the middle wherever it was) I died up on that platform.
Captain
# 9
05-20-2013, 01:16 PM
There's actually science in the singularity-core collapse/explosion.

When the fields maintaining the quantum singularity powering a Romulan ship collapse, the first effect you'll notice is the sudden existence of a black hole inside your ship (if it happens to a nearby ship, you may notice yourself being drawn toward it). After the ship gets sucked into it, though, we hit another implication of Hawking's quantum black hole theory - the tiny, relatively-low-mass hole radiates. And the lower its mass, the faster it radiates. So what happens next is explosive, as it radiates its mass/energy away all at once. (After this, we're invoking "the theory doesn't cover this part" to assume that with the black hole gone, the space/time discontinuity that the singularity represents "flattens itself out", after a fashion, essentially going away spontaneously.)

Both Fed and KDF ships mount matter/antimatter warp cores; they can't mount singularity cores, and Warbirds have to use singularity cores and can't mount warp cores. When the warp core goes, you just get an explosion, without the accompanying black hole first, so it's somewhat more destructive in the immediate area, but lacks that cool visible shockwave effect of a rapidly dissipating quantum black hole.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Rihannsu
# 10
05-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
unfortunately, its a bug. several of us had to drop and restart the mission several times to get the stupid door to open..