Captain
# 71
05-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
im thinking the only way to save the kdf is to have a general pool for the que. you just que up and get thrown in mixed teams and all.
Have to wonder if that's not in the pipe down the line...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 72
05-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Why would they be... it will be feds using it against feds. lol

Klingon faction may as well be deleted at this point. If a FvK pops in the future it would be shocking.
I'll still queue for FvK on my Feds.

Honestly, at this point with Plas leech and Battle Cloaking Fed-Roms, the difference between queuing for one vs. the other will be minimal.
Captain
# 73
05-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Outside of running into a Premade or a PUGmade, FvK tends to be easier than FvF...because as it's been mentioned previously, the average K in a FvK is actually a F alt that has no idea what they're doing in a BoP...somebody that thought BC was a magic I-Win Button and ends up failing miserably.
Rihannsu
# 74
05-21-2013, 07:12 AM
When I saw the new Lockbox stuffs, I was all:
"Oh cool.. neat new ships.. Cool new weapons.. all looks interesting"

Then I read this thread and see that there is going to be a random trait..

STO is quickly becoming more and more like Pok?mon. Whether it's in game pets, ships, Duty officers, Bridge officers, or gear, it's gotta collect them all.. STOk?mon!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 75
05-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Outside of running into a Premade or a PUGmade, FvK tends to be easier than FvF...because as it's been mentioned previously, the average K in a FvK is actually a F alt that has no idea what they're doing in a BoP...somebody that thought BC was a magic I-Win Button and ends up failing miserably.
That's pretty much the issue... one old Klink ques gets one match and the que dies for the night...

Or Some proper feds get a FvK and the que dies after the one match anyway cause those Fedons won't reque. lol

Its true we need one que going forward. Its something Cryptic should have had ready for the LOR launch... then the whole choosing a faction would have been less of a cruel joke.
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Empire Veteran
# 76
05-21-2013, 07:13 AM
I support the "one queue to rule them all" plan. I'd rather have mixed teams than no teams.

The whole Fed/KDF war has become farcial anyway...just declare peace, and re-cast PvP as 'wargames'.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 77
05-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Never did see an answer if it was +10% base or +10%.

Base would mean 0.5 to 2.3 additional turn, eh?

But yeah, the EM CD reduction - Conn DOFFs...look ma, my Bortas can turn - er - a little! Look ma, my Bortas can turn again - er - a little! Wheee.../cough...eeeeee!
Captain
# 78
05-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
When I saw the new Lockbox stuffs, I was all:
"Oh cool.. neat new ships.. Cool new weapons.. all looks interesting"

Then I read this thread and see that there is going to be a random trait..

STO is quickly becoming more and more like Pok?mon. Whether it's in game pets, ships, Duty officers, Bridge officers, or gear, it's gotta collect them all.. STOk?mon!
Ya to be honest at first I didn't see any major issues with the box... Rom ships that have standard cloaks. OK... Disruptors that mess with shields... perhaps op but ok.

Then ya I realized traits in the box.

Darn Cryptic trying to leach all the $ out of people pockets.

The leach was likely a bit more annoying for me... they have been weakening the Klingon faction for 2 years now. Every few months doing something to make them less unique and less attractive. I think this box is really them saying... Don't take your new toons to that side... at some point we have to delete it somehow and having to many new faces there will make it difficult. lol
Rihannsu
# 79
05-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Ya to be honest at first I didn't see any major issues with the box... Rom ships that have standard cloaks. OK... Disruptors that mess with shields... perhaps op but ok.

Then ya I realized traits in the box.

Darn Cryptic trying to leach all the $ out of people pockets.

The leach was likely a bit more annoying for me... they have been weakening the Klingon faction for 2 years now. Every few months doing something to make them less unique and less attractive. I think this box is really them saying... Don't take your new toons to that side... at some point we have to delete it somehow and having to many new faces there will make it difficult. lol
The only things the KDF still has that is unique, is the Bird of Prey's universal seating with battle cloak, Some Carrier Pets, and one Carrier..

I give that maybe another year..

Seriously though, thanks to the Romulans, I don't really see a reason to play KDF Side except for the new Tutorial, and the Romulan side of the story. But that really is it.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 80
05-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
The only thing the KDF still has that is unique, is the Bird of Prey's universal seating with battle cloak..

I give that maybe another year..

Seriously though, thanks to the Romulans, I don't really see a reason to play KDF Side except for the new Tutorial, and the Romulan side of the story. But that really is it.
Ya the full universal is cool... and the Norg is the only current bop that has any chance of being useful anymore. IMO

The brel is fun but it has been replaced now by a superior Romulan ship.

The Norg is the only ship that gives you 3 lt cmd options... at least for now anyway.

The universal seatings in general though have already been pretty much rendered no big deal.

All the Romulan warbirds worth flying have Uni Lt Comamnders... which gives you 90% of the useful Bop options anyway. About the only thing you can do in a bop you can't do in a warbird... is commander sci.

I forgot they where fixing the early levels for the KDF... its frustrating cause they seem to take 2 steps back every time they do something in general for the Klingons.