Career Officer
# 1 New Bridge sets and Interiors
05-20-2013, 09:52 AM
I am a lifetime member of STO, and I have almost all of the bridge packs, and although they are cool, the interiors are the same. I am hoping that a bundle pack comes out to change the bridge and interiors, like the constitution class refit bridge that could change from the different movies, the excelsior bridge, the enterprise B and C bridge, and have the interiors match from those ships. I have always wanted to step on the bridge from Star Trek 2-6. I hope this can happen here in the near future.
Rihannsu
# 2
05-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Cryptic has stated that bridges and interiors are very, very, VERY on the backburner and that they'd rather wait until they have the Foundry to the level where players can make their own bridges and interiors rather than make new ones themselves.
Captain
# 3
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
They say that, and then they further nerf the Foundry.

Sorry, I don't think this is coming anytime soon.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Career Officer
# 4
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Yup.. really sad, but certainly true, that we won't see any new interiors coming soon.. I esp. want the Excelsior and Galaxy movie bridges so badly!!!
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."

EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC
Commander
# 5
05-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurumimori****a View Post
Yup.. really sad, but certainly true, that we won't see any new interiors coming soon.. I esp. want the Excelsior and Galaxy movie bridges so badly!!!
We have two bridges that very closely mirror those. What we need badly are ship interiors to match! Right now, all we have are corridors that seem made to run assault shuttles through, along with staterooms and interior sections that make it seem like Starfleet has integrated all of their ships as TARDIS-type infinite interior space. And the Engineering sections.....

Well, let's hope they realize that the reason players don't spend more time in the interiors of their ship is that the interiors are so poorly done. I've spent -alot- of time on the decks of my Constitution-class, but I can't spend 5 mins in the standard interior without being forced to notice that only a video game would make a ship with so much empty space that the first time there was a gravity flux, people would kill themselves from falling distance between the walls of the corridors, or have the ship explode the first time there is an Engineering problem because the warp core is completely uncontained from the rest of Engineering (or the rest of the ship).

Anyway, don't get your hopes up. The devs don't spend any time in their own interiors so why would they care?
Rihannsu
# 6
05-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Ideally, I'd be happy with the following interiors.

Galaxy

Voyager

NX-class
Captain
# 7
05-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
We have two bridges that very closely mirror those. What we need badly are ship interiors to match! Right now, all we have are corridors that seem made to run assault shuttles through, along with staterooms and interior sections that make it seem like Starfleet has integrated all of their ships as TARDIS-type infinite interior space. And the Engineering sections.....

Well, let's hope they realize that the reason players don't spend more time in the interiors of their ship is that the interiors are so poorly done. I've spent -alot- of time on the decks of my Constitution-class, but I can't spend 5 mins in the standard interior without being forced to notice that only a video game would make a ship with so much empty space that the first time there was a gravity flux, people would kill themselves from falling distance between the walls of the corridors, or have the ship explode the first time there is an Engineering problem because the warp core is completely uncontained from the rest of Engineering (or the rest of the ship).

Anyway, don't get your hopes up. The devs don't spend any time in their own interiors so why would they care?
The interiors are larger than what they should be because all of the spaces need to be big enough so that the player camera stays inside of the space and not go outside the walls when moving around.
Please add Exploration to Star Trek Online!
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 8
05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Devs have said that interiors are cool, but not worth the money. As much as people on the forums say they want the interior of their favorite ship they don't actually sell.

So that means if we get them it would have to be cheap/easy like a foundry mod.

Personally I'm not counting on it. When was the last time they added interior content? LoR has one that will take five minutes. That's the first one in, what?, over a year?
Rihannsu
# 9
05-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post

One tip, use small interiors.
Ensign
# 10
05-20-2013, 07:51 PM
I like the bridge at first, but I'd like to see it and the rest of the interiors change each time we get a new ship.