Ensign
Hey everyone,

I hope I'm not posting a loaded question but lately I've been having a hard time finding a reason to log onto STO.

I'm very excited for Romulans and threw down the buck twenty five for the pack so that is the immediate answer to my question.

But the long term...

On my Fed toon, I have done all there is to do... I know all that there is to know... well not really, but I'm a Vice Admiral, with all Task Force Omega and Romulan tiers maxed out. I've done all of the STF's. I've done all of the episode missions...

I've purchased everything in both Task Force Omega and Romulan in the reputation system. I have everything unlocked... I've even unlocked crap that I don't really want just because it was something do...

The problem that I'm facing is, when there's really nothing left to do... what do you do??? How do you keep going in a game that you eventually reach the point of there is nothing left to unlock?

Romulans have me stoked, don't get me wrong. But when the constant clear objectives run out... what left is there a player to do?

If you've reached the quagmire that is end-game content and it's all depleted how do you keep yourselves entertained beyond that point?
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-20-2013, 06:33 PM
There is no answer to your question. Sorry.
Captain
# 3
05-20-2013, 06:36 PM
If you're looking for new missions to continue to play there's thousands of them in the Foundry - many of which are better then the existing Fed mission. You can find a list of spotlight missions here but spotlights are only the tip of the iceberg as far as what's in the Foundry.

If you're just looking for more grindy stuff to get more useless things on your ship, there's the upcoming Tholian Rep system with tomorrow's patch. Other then that, no, there's nothing left to do once you've finished all the Rep stuff and you're just wanting more gear.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 05-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
05-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Seriously? There's a ton to do at end game. Max out your build, experiment with different weapons/combinations. Become a master of STFs. Grind ec for new/better ships and gear. PVP
Socialize/troll people trying to socialize. Do explore missions/foundry missions(the latter being some of the best content in the game). Make new toons and do it all again, only differently.

Or you could always go try NWN
Republic Veteran
# 5
05-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Personally? I just get creative, mostly.
I try and build up interesting DOff crews, and make neat BOffs with cool abilities off of certain thematic concepts I concoct.
I also try and build ships with weapons loadouts meant to emulate their on-screen (or if Cryptic original, approximate) configurations, and then figure out ways to be incredibly lethal. It's easy to build a super-sweet butt kicking DPS machine and be aces with that. It's another to purposefully handicap yourself at times, and still come out on top.
I've done this across the board for 5 different characters (3 Starfleet, 2 KDF). And I'll probably do it for about 2 more (2 Romulan Republic).
Really, there's no easy answer, because everyone finds a different way to entertain themselves in positions like ours.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Career Officer
# 6
05-20-2013, 06:53 PM
The Devs always seem to throw something new at us, even if it's just lockbox junk. If something pops up that I want, I usually work towards getting it.

Other than that, occasionally I just get the itch to play a few missions, or run STFs with fleetmates, or help out with the starbase. I also play with my crew uniforms (I can never decide on a uniform style).

It really does help at end-game if you're part of an active and friendly fleet.
@HyperLimited
Rihannsu
# 7
05-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Well if you've "been there/done that" you can always retire to your whinery and sing about your "Glory Days".

Or you could always just pull the DVD out and toss it in the heap of your gaming history.

Or you could go play checkers for a while until the next patch comes out.

Or you could actually apply some logical thinking and brainstorm yourself some new way to be entertained in STO...instead of coming here asking us to brainstorm for you.
Ensign
# 8
05-20-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm glad you made this thread because I'm in the same boat of maxing out the episode missions because I'm also a Vice-Admiral and I had to play the Foundry Missions and PvP Queues, along with discharging some of my officers after I promoted them to Commanders.
I had to plot courses to many planets to be involved in space battles and ground away-team missions.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
05-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Buy all the fleet ship modules on the exchange then destroy them. Buy 50 bugships and destroy one every time a role player makes a typographical error in drozana.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
05-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Like someone above said, Foundry missions are worthwhile. There are a lot of good quality Foundry missions available that can provide many hours of enjoyment. I like to test out different ship builds, which can be pretty fun, though expensive. Also, if you haven't already you could create another toon with a different career path, race, or faction.