Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
Now that everybody will have access to the Ionized Gas sensor console, shouldn't it made a bit more useful? Right now, the buffed torpedo's speed is much too low versus endgame ships...

Opinions?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Well, I do admit that I tend to destroy many targets before my emission-seeking torpedoes can reach them, when I use them. Due to this, they tend to either sit around until they dissipate, or blow up on the shields of the next enemy present (depending on the timing).

Perhaps a slight speed increase is necessary, considering the fact that they've recently been made targetable for most types of torpedoes.
Captain
# 3
05-20-2013, 10:09 PM
By the time an Emission-seeking torpedo locks on to a target, they will have already decloaked and either destroyed you or been destroyed themselves. They're pretty much useless right now, so I vote YES to speeding them up.
Career Officer
# 4
05-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Yes, absolutely, most definitely! The only time left for the player of the cloaked ship should be to say, "to be, or not to be."
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Eh the console is a joke really even if it did move faster most of the game is pve and very little is it a pvp game if any. So what purpose for ships that should be able to cloak but never do to even bother using it... It would have value if there were an actual need to use it.
Republic Veteran
# 6
05-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Since this is the worst c-store console in the game (ok... imho there is a tie between this one and the grappler) yes, it could need a bit fine tuning.
(and for the PvE part... let it force donatra to drop her cloak... could not think of ANY other pve uses)
Career Officer
# 7
11-04-2013, 10:44 AM
The speed is the only complaint I have with the ems, it's so slow that it can't catch up with a cloaked ship, make it 20% faster, or even 10 would work. Such an easy fix, just adjust the value and you're done, Cryptic.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Captain
# 8
11-04-2013, 10:47 AM
A decent necro attempt to be sure...

All torpedos need a speed boost...dpt, hy, photons/quantums...all of em
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 9
11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
A decent necro attempt to be sure...

All torpedos need a speed boost...dpt, hy, photons/quantums...all of em
I didn't see the point in creating a new thread on the exact same subject, I suspect that had brought on more rage than with a semi necro approach.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Captain
# 10
11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I vote yes, I've destroyed exactly 1 target that was actually cloaked.
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Qib Battlecruiser)
Commander Altair RRW Icingdeath(Aelahl Warbird)
Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Closed Thread