Lt. Commander
# 11
01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarath
Erm, what? thats not me... I would have put my forum name as my usual Weidass, but it wouldnt let me for some reason or another... but yeah... not german... Sorry dude, wrong guy.
Aww snap I thought you were a friend of mine. Not a German guy just someone who played Red Orchestra a lot and trolled some of its German players.

So where'd you get the name Scarath then? If two people have it then it must have a common origin.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Dunno, just randomly thought it up for one of my wow characters. I had probably seen it somewhere before subconciously, and not noticed tho. I think i might contact a mod and ask em to see if they can change my displayed name... Cos the account name is weidass.... but meh.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Confused the hell out of me.

Ah well sorry to bug you over it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarath
Dunno, just randomly thought it up for one of my wow characters. I had probably seen it somewhere before subconciously, and not noticed tho. I think i might contact a mod and ask em to see if they can change my displayed name... Cos the account name is weidass.... but meh.
Ok. I think I figured it out now. I turned off gpu-accelerated particles in troubleshooting. That turned my activity down a bit. But the main thing was turning on v-sync on my graphic card and turning monitor v-sync on.

For some reason, if both those options are not turned on. Havnt tried monitor on ingame and on the GFX off though, but the other way around I did. If those 2 arent turned on, the activity on your GFX just goes balistic.

I'd advise people to try turning v-sync on their GFX, and ingame which is "Monitor V-sync"

And going to troubleshooting and turning GPU-accelerated particles off aswell, if they have a duocore anyways. Maybe that should help them with the heating issue a tad. It did for me anyways, its way more acceptable, 70-80 degrees opposed to 90 sometimes

Edit : Any way to get maxfps set always to 60? Might be handy to do that aswell, it helps aswell in my oppinion.
All of that is keeping my GFX at bay around 70 degrees actually. Sometimes goes up to 73 and even lower 70, so its running pretty fine at this moment. Will test this the next days though
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsixa
Edit : Any way to get maxfps set always to 60? Might be handy to do that aswell, it helps aswell in my oppinion.
All of that is keeping my GFX at bay around 70 degrees actually. Sometimes goes up to 73 and even lower 70, so its running pretty fine at this moment. Will test this the next days though
very nice to hear, that info will probably help the devs fix this. as for the maxfps thing, i asked earlier if it was a config or hard coded for that reason, if it is hard coded which seems the case since you have to reset it every time you restart means the only way to make it perminent is for the devs to do it, in all probability.

the other option is at the launcher, under options there is a "advanced command line" box, i do not know the entry that would go there though to set this

i finally managed to find the preferences file and sadly the maxfps command isn't in it, it is hardcoded, so the devs would have to set that limit in a patch. it also means, so far as i am aware you will have to manually reset it until the devs fix things.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2010, 12:44 AM
yes, it seems that it resets to unlimited when you log out of the game... thats pretty gay tbh. I dont fancy like looking thru the config files right this moment, so i dont know if it can be solved our end.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-18-2010, 02:04 AM
I'll check these fixes out when I get home. I was hitting around 95c last night while the game was running. As soon as I minimized the game to check the temp monitor I downloaded the temp started dropping quickly down 5-10 degrees in 8-10 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Is this issue causing BSOD's for you or just freezing or are you just monitoring your GPU temps?

Also, how are you showing your FPS in game? I've been trying to find the command for that, can't find it.

TY
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-18-2010, 08:30 AM
/showfps 1

anyone tried adding /maxfps 60 into the command line for the options in the launcher menu? that might set it everytime you load the game, if it does indeed help anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Bump for the actual person that figured it out.