Career Officer
# 1 suggestion for ts in pvp
05-21-2013, 03:22 AM
hi all.

i recently had a talk with someone, which led me to following idea:

why not make pvpbootcamp-ts-server the place to be for those who are interested in using ts? afaik it can handle a lot of players.

i know at least two fleets which run their own ts, and both are mostly... let's say not overcrowded (afaik) ;D...

so: it would be much easier to find competetive groups, or just players to hang out with, if we all would meet there as kind of an addition to opvp-channel.

btw, as for myself, only to say it: i barely use ts at all. but the more casual "ts'ers" go there, the more chances there would be to find someone over there for pugmades or whatever.

what do you think?

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, since 2010 lol
/50+ Fleet-, Lobi- and Lockboxships=unreclaimable trash

Last edited by wast33; 05-21-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Captain
# 2
05-21-2013, 07:37 AM
I think it's a pretty good idea. What's the info for the bootcamp ts server? I dont always wear my headset but it wouldn't hurt to pop in and see if anyone else is looking for games. It's always more fun (and successful) when your whole team is on ts.
----
@DevolvedOne
Captain
# 3
05-21-2013, 07:46 AM
i thought that was sort of what the server was for? i know ive used it to run events in the past...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Lieutenant
# 4
05-21-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm not exactly sure if I should post the ts info, so I'll just link you to the pvp bootcamp thread the info is posted in, under step 3.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=503031
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2013, 08:17 AM
PvP Boot Camp TS, as I know, is always opened for pvp players. Not just for Boot Camp events, but tournaments or simple pvp'ing.

Everyone knows it and everyone has the chance to pop up there, that is another thing, that it is not really utilized well.

My suggestion is to try to create pugmades/premades but try to bring them up to PvP Boot Camp TS (of course for better communicating). Then subsequently some players will get used to use the Boot Camp TS when they are in team. This is the only way, I think. We cannot just state that it is the TS of PvP. People's presence is needed to confirm such a thing. And it will take a while to build it.

Nevertheless, your suggestion is that anyone who is interested in using TS could use this one. This is out of our (I mean the VA Council's) authorization. Because the TS belongs to Pheo.

See you in queues!
----------------------------------------------------
Hussar Guardian Forces

Last edited by kolln95; 05-21-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
thx for your replies .
i also do think it's meant for exactly this/not using it as "event-only-ts". and i think you're right about the time-aspect as well.
i just thought it's a bit... "suboptimal" with f.e. 2-4 ts'ers on 2 different servers, when you actually liked to have fun with all of them (yeah i know...one group switching to the other and so...). but without something connecting those 2 groups, they'll probably have no way to even know that the other group is there and want to have fun.

i didn't want to authorize anything out of my ownage/control btw ...:

if pheo agrees to this (!!!), it would be nice f.e. if people would "advertise" this along the pvp'ers/fleets (message of the day...), or to have someone to speak to the leaders of the fleets which regularly pvp and are on ts, <add in own idea> ...

but the other question then would be: what does happen to the fleets own ts-servers? pve? is it really a good idea?
anyone is free to tell me that it's not ;D...

at this point it's time to thank for that nice server i guess and to hope for pheo to step in .

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, since 2010 lol
/50+ Fleet-, Lobi- and Lockboxships=unreclaimable trash

Last edited by wast33; 05-21-2013 at 10:54 AM.