Commander
# 141
06-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsatyr View Post
You should read Sony's. With that whole hacking deal that happen some time ago, I'm pretty sure I read that the terms and conditions legal stuff said that you own the PS3, unless you try hacking it, then it's theirs. Something to that effect. Basically, I'd be hard-pressed to find a company that DIDN'T have that sort of stuff in their legal agreements which we have to agree upon.
the supreme court shot that down along with the deal with not being able to mod your cell phones.

They still do what they want, but they're not supposed to.
Ensign
# 142
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
is lifetime worth for buying or is it not really a difference as f2p?
Republic Veteran
# 143
06-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocka View Post
Depends on how seriously you take this game, or how much you would enjoy the extra features. The answer differs for everyone, only you can decide how an LTS would effect you.
# 144
06-06-2013, 09:50 AM
i don't know, i like the game a lot, but there is not much a lot difference between a sub and a f2p, i like the veteran awards, and it nice that you don't need to mine the delirium everyday and ofcourse the monthly stipend is very nice to. i played this game for only a week or 2, and like i said before its a very nice game, but if i check the features matrix, i don't see a lot of difference. Or am i missing something?? i played swtor to, and i spend so many money on it, that i don't want to make the same mistake anymore.. I can get out of this puzzle that i stay f2p or that i go for lts
Career Officer
# 145
06-06-2013, 09:57 AM
SWTOR is a very different model to STO as most restrictions here can be lifted very cheaply. if you are going to play and don't worry about the veteran awards then just going ala carte with the odd month here and there to 'top up' on gold benefits will likely suffice and will of course allow you to buy ships and things you will enjoy sooner.

Be under no illusion however that even lifers spend money here to top up a monthly stipend, we don't just buy things with a stipend alone (generally).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Ensign
# 146
06-06-2013, 10:39 AM
i'm going to wait until 20 june i'll decide then, untill then i'll play the game and see if i'm still up for LTS or not but thanks for the qiuck reply
Republic Veteran
# 147
06-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocka View Post
Depends on how you play & what you want. If you're pure F2P, maybe buying some Zen every once in a while, I'd just stick to F2P.

However, if you're subbing a few months at a time, going LTS is worth it when it's on sale. At $199 you're basically pre-paying for 1 year worth of subbing, and you get the same benefits after that for free. Plus you get all the Veteran rewards up front, and a few perks only available to Lifers (like playable Borg).

I went ahead and bought the LTS last night. I'm sure I'd put in more than $200 over the last few years, between occasional subbing and buying C-Points/Zen. This just puts it all up front for me. Also, the Chimera (LTS only Fed ship) is a beast when you go full tactical. o.o
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Career Officer
# 148
06-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I bought it two weeks ago and I'm very happy ^^
Empire Veteran
# 149
06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I've got mine a few days ago... Went smooth.

It was worth it, in my opinion!
Lt. Commander
# 150
06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roborovzki View Post
I've got mine a few days ago... Went smooth.

It was worth it, in my opinion!
Wait a while, check back in with us in about 3-5 months or so and let us know if you feel the same way.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Closed Thread