Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quis
Thanks for the civil reply Loxanna, I have no problem reinstalling the OS its just a pain doing all the drivers all over again since my OS is located on a separate drive then all the other stuff. Its just that if its another game that im playing causing all this stuff as some people claim it would mean i can only play STO and install any other game at my own risk. I have never kept images of the drivers though, and would like to do that if i can. I never got the chance to get the launcher to verify files as i know of. I load up the launcher put in user and pass. It goes to another page with news and engage button I click engage acts like it is loading up then minimizes and says its missing files and the screen is unresponsive.

EDIT: I upgraded sound, DX, and nvidia driver to beta. Still no help. I think I can find the torrent download, I will try that next i guess before reinstalling OS.
Can you please let us know what happens after you reinstall OS?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks Lox!! I set it to verify and Safe Mode and it worked!!! I never even noticed that little options button before, maybe people who are having the same problem can try this method and see if it works for them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Seems like if I just click safe mode, it boots up fine, now it just says the server is busy try again later when I try to log in lol. But atleast its working now.

EDIT: I logged in after repeated tries and got error messages saying im not allowed on the server, and now its stuck on a retrieving list of characters screen.(just wait for it, it will load)

EDIT: Also after verifying the files once it allows me to boot the client up without being in safe mode. So my guess is that is was indeed maybe missing some files.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quis
Seems like if I just click safe mode, it boots up fine, now it just says the server is busy try again later when I try to log in lol. But atleast its working now.

EDIT: I logged in after repeated tries and got error messages saying im not allowed on the server, and now its stuck on a retrieving list of characters screen.(just wait for it, it will load)

EDIT: Also after verifying the files once it allows me to boot the client up without being in safe mode. So my guess is that is was indeed maybe missing some files.
Glad I could help mate. See this is what happens when people try to help instead of resorting to petty name calling like some people do on these forums. Remind me of my 5 year old son and 11 year old daughter calling and point scoring. I question the human race as a whole at times. If only the our world was the same as the one or the vision of Gene Roddenberry god rest his soul.

Anyway if you are having problems logging in. Keep trying we are all the same but some things you can try. on the options screen where you choose Verify. Where it says server proxy. Set it to EU if in EU ofc or if set to EU at present try None. If in US then US ofc I get best results when set to EU and I am in UK btw.