Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot extract/install game
01-18-2010, 01:00 AM
So I've downloaded the beta twice now -- which at around 13 hours a pop, took a while -- but both times when I go to open the folder to extract/install the game, I've received a "corrupt/invalid file" message. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? (And yes, I do have a beta key.) I'm a total newbie at this, so I'm probably just skipping and/or forgetting something simple, but I've no idea what it could be.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
2 possibilties i can see first may not be too annoying
check the tool your using to decompress the file, if your using XP and using the built in zip tool then you may encounter problems, windows 7 zip tool appears to work ok at lest for me. id recommend trying the latest copy of winrar or failing that 7zip

second poblem could be a corrupt file, this can happen if you use internet explorer to download but being as your download ran for 13 hours then most likely not the case. even if you use some download managers or torrents closing program incorrectly ie rebooting or shutting down your PC without closing the program can cause corruption. you only option may be to re-download the file from scratch. i would recommend the torrents where available as they tend to be less prone to corruption
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
FWIW WinRAR did the trick for me after the built-in unzipper reported a corrupt file.

Cheers!
nec
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I am having the same problem with a few exceptions. 1-I tried d/l client from almost all partners. 2-I d/l using firefox. 3-I tried extracting using winrar and 7zip. I keep getting a corrupt file message. I also don't know why the client supposedly d/l instantly. It took less than a sec from fileshack, aus gamers, gamers hell and others. I am currently d/l with torrent which should take about 15 hours which seems more correct, but I don't know what's up with d/l's from the other sites. If anyone can shed some light here I will be grateful.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Well I was finally able to download & install the game using the torrent (after an umpteen-hour download time, but better late than never, I suppose!). Of course, now I have to go to bed....

Oh well. At least I have tomorrow off!

Anyway, thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it!