Commander
# 1 Romulan or Reman in KDF?
05-26-2013, 06:48 PM
You know, I am STILL debating whether to send my Romulan or Reman to KDF (the other will join the Fed instead) They are both tactical, by the way.

Here's the issue:
Sending the Romulan to KDF (Remen to Fed)
1) Playing Romulan allow me to pretend I am a 22nd century RSE (especially with the Romulan helmet), what with the maurading, prisoner capturing, and prisoner interrogation
2) Romulan need more shoulder pads
3) Romulan trait work better with cloak. KDF ship have cloak
4) Remen will probably prefer Federations
5) Kamarag / D7 for Romulans.
6) I main a KDF... for now.

Sending the Remans to KDF (Romulan to Fed)
1) Even though they only take part in Romulan politics during Shinzon, Nemesis does show they can be as bad as Romulans
2) Reman's looks and costumes are far closer to the rest of the KDF's race (not in an offensive way - I main a KDF, okay?)
3) Reman have better ground traits... like Klingons.
4) Romulan's trait can complement Feds which lacks cloaking.
5) A peaceful romulan will prefer Fed, as KDF did invaded Romulan space and being blood enemies.
6) Reman seems to be more interested in direct confrontation instead of subtlefuge like Romulans. (see Nemesis through the use of Schimatar vs Romulans with their schemes) - which is closer to KDF tactics.
7) Klingons was willing to help the Remens, EVEN BEFORE THE RECON.

From what I can tell, in terms of gameplay. a Romulan will be likely to join KDF, while in terms of Lore, Remen are more likely to join KDF,

Thoughts?
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
I found the Reman a good choice.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I found the Reman a good choice.
same here.. I kinda thought Remans to be a good fit for Klingons. I actually always wanted a reman faction joining the KDF and the romulan one perhaps allying with the feds.. so I guess that means my romulan cap will join the feds. The reman is already in the KDF,
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Lieutenant
# 4
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
4) Remen will probably prefer Federations
Not really. The Klingons and Remans share a longstanding hatred for the Romulans while the Federation has always been more interested in forging a peaceful bond with the Remans' oppressors, even to the point where the Federation has aided the Romulans in putting the Remans right back into slavery after their failed uprising, which itself was led by a human.

It's a matter of having had negative experiences with the Federation versus no experience whatsoever with the Klingons.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Overally I find the Remans better suitable for KDF and Romulans for Federation. I'd just feel strange playing a Romulan taking a walk in First City. The Remans however always seemed suitable for KDF for me. IDK why, maybe the Typhoon books did their part in this, but somehow for me Reman going KDF while Romulan going Fed. comes as natural choice.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I put all my Romulan/Reman characters into the KDF. Community is nicer, it makes more sense from an iP perspective as Romulans and Klingons have had several alliances in the past dating back to the mid 23rd century. Yes they all ended in conflict either by betrayal or outright warfare. But the Federation (with the exception of manipulating the Romulans into fighting their war with the Dominion) have never been an ally of the Romulans. The Romulans simply don't trust them and their scheming ways, they see the Federation as a threat absorbing all species around them.

So I went KDF with my first Romulan character and my engineer (Liberated Borg Romulan) and science (Reman) will follow suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 7
05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
I went KDF with my Romulan for the simple reason that the Republic is attempting to create a new and independent Romulan people. While nowhere near as agressive as the Borg, the Federation has a tendency to absorb new species into it; even the Bajorans and Ferengi are now part of the Federation. Considering the government we are trying to escape, signing on with the Federation seemed counter-productive.

The other reason is more of a long-game sort of thing. Look back at recent history leading up to the war... notice anything? What I saw was the Klingon Empire willing to act in order to fend off Undine infiltrators, openly fighting an enemy that preferred to keep to the shadows; then I saw the Federation condemn those actions, blind to any form of subtle attack or strategy. The Federation also disbanded its Borg Task Force, failing to remain vigilant against a foe simply because they were not immediately apparent. We are Romulans, we have survived the Tal Shiar, and we have absolutely no reason to ally with a group that fails to recognize or act against subterfuge.

Unless you want to be Tal Shiar, of course. If so, infiltrating either the Federation or Klingon Empire is reasonable, it's just a matter of who can be manipulated most easily. I suspect the Klingon Empire a better decision than the Federation, simply because rumors persist of Undine infiltration in the Federation government already. It seems like it would be more difficult to install assets in positions already occupied by rival intelligence.

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 05-28-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post

The other reason is more of a long-game sort of thing. Look back at recent history leading up to the war... notice anything? What I saw was the Klingon Empire willing to act in order to fend off Undine infiltrators, openly fighting an enemy that preferred to keep to the shadows; then I saw the Federation condemn those actions, blind to any form of subtle attack or strategy. The Federation also disbanded its Borg Task Force, failing to remain vigilant against a foe simply because they were not immediately apparent. We are Romulans, we have survived the Tal Shiar, and we have absolutely no reason to ally with a group that fails to recognize or act against subterfuge.
Gonna go Devils advocate here. The Klingons tired the same thing before by trying to cleanse Cardassia of Changelings and it was the Klingons (Martok) who were infiltrated by the Changelings! So you can expect the Federation to be cynical about the Undine infiltration. Though why the Feds didn't do much after the Gorn incident where the Empire proved the infiltration is beyond me.

I agree though that the disbanding of the Borg task force is a really really stupid move. Starfleet unfortunately can no longer afford NOT to have warships though its not the reason it was created in the first place. The galaxy has only gotten more dangerous and idealism will only get one so far.

Either the Federation should change the basic tenet of Starfleet or create a new branch (Defence-fleet? Peacekeepers?) for military purposes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Captain
# 9
05-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Dont take the game more seriously than the devs, or you'll just end up trolling yourself. Play it however will bring you the most satisfaction for your gaming experience.

I needed a Tac on Blue Team, and a Sci on Red Team, so that's how I rolled them. I thought I would be clever and made the Sci a hybrid Klingon-Romulan (alien) who was trapped between two bigoted cultures, but honestly it is a lot of effort to keep up the ruse and there is no reward for it at all.