Career Officer
# 121
07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeda7 View Post
Having had both cats and dogs, I would say that there the trainability of both relates more to what they evolved from than from how smart they are. Personally, I'd put them both at about the same level. I've seen very smart cats (have one now that can turn light switches on and off and open doors on her own) and very smart dogs (had one that "rescued" the little girl next door's doll carriage before it rolled into the street). And I've seen not-so-smart examples of either.

Cats pretty much evolved from solitary rodent hunters. Dogs evolved from pack hunters. So dogs are used to having a social structure with a chain of command. Cats are used to operating independently. So, for a dog, it's a hop-skip-and-a jump to put you at the top of the pack. For cats, it's more about what they need. Not to say that cats don't establish a pecking order or social dominance or social niches.
I guess it still does come back to cats resemble women and dogs resemble men. Its still easier for a domesticated dogs master to train them because they have developed that willingness to follow and submit to, the person who has the treats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffw...=TLHDKxF8TxloQ
Maquis resistance - Fighting against PWE Tyranny (clip)
Glasses that see the truth, are never rose colored
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule__Every episode of TNG if written by STO

Last edited by catstarsto; 07-11-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Career Officer
# 122
07-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherg1 View Post
Is it true to say, when asked what is best in life,

"To crush the red dot, to see dogs driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of my enemies kittens?"
(crowd cheers) "That is good!"
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule__Every episode of TNG if written by STO
Ensign
# 123
07-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Meow-Mix or Friskies?
Career Officer
Ensign
# 125
07-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Who is the Feline Empires greatest threat??
The Mysterious Red Dot Empire, or the Evil Collective know as "The Ball of Yarn"
Captain
# 126
07-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
Meow-Mix, because cats call for it by name. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGNJOsOpXM
Which numbered feline suppliment was that again? lol
Career Officer
# 127
07-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherg1 View Post
Who is the Feline Empires greatest threat??
The Mysterious Red Dot Empire, or the Evil Collective know as "The Ball of Yarn"
The same as the humans ---> http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/a...ontact0718.jpg
Ensign
# 128
07-13-2013, 01:21 AM
I laughed so hard i literally cried.
Career Officer
Career Officer
# 130
07-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
Not sure who trained me, the cats or my wife who was trained by her cats to be a little catty.

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Shalome, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok