Career Officer
# 41
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
My cat stays outside in the barn, so he actualy goes out in the woods. For an indoor cat, I would imagine a fast clumping brand, but I would also add in a sliding filter, so you can easily scrape the remains in one pass right into the trash bag. Be sure to check it at least 3 times per day, and place a box of Arm and Hammer baking soda (opened) next to it, in a container the cat cant get into. this will help to absorb any odor.
Do Caitian use a litter box or the refresher?

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Shalome, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok
Career Officer
# 42
06-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisnoble View Post
Do Caitian use a litter box or the refresher?
This is the future, there are no facilities. You simply go to the transporter room and are beamed from one coil to the next, and the transporter cat filters the toxins from you as you rematerialise. =^.^=

But this also explains the transpporter malfunctions too, if you come back to the ship after a party, the alcohol is so imbedded into your system, that you loose too much of your structure to rematerialise and you have to have your atoms beamed out into space. Unfortunately, this where the intoxicating disease came from in deep space, that some crews encounter sometimes. The cure for this differes depending on the the type of alcohol that was used, while Romulan ale and Aldebaran whisky are the general concern, earth Tequilla is still a bugger to lock down once encountered.
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule
Career Officer
# 43
06-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
This is the future, there are no facilities. You simply go to the transporter room and are beamed from one coil to the next, and the transporter cat filters the toxins from you as you rematerialise. =^.^=

But this also explains the transpporter malfunctions too, if you come back to the ship after a party, the alcohol is so imbedded into your system, that you loose too much of your structure to rematerialise and you have to have your atoms beamed out into space. Unfortunately, this where the intoxicating disease came from in deep space, that some crews encounter sometimes. The cure for this differes depending on the the type of alcohol that was used, while Romulan ale and Aldebaran whisky are the general concern, earth Tequilla is still a bugger to lock down once encountered.
Just the smell of Tequila makes me sick. Problem is my olfactory organ does not work anymore.

I remember seeing a lot of cats while I was in Britain but I don't remember one that walked upright. Must be from Wales.

Was Spot a Caitain spy?

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Shalome, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok

Last edited by otisnoble; 06-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 44
06-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisnoble View Post
Just the smell of Tequila makes me sick. Problem is my olfactory organ does not work anymore.

I remember seeing a lot of cats while I was in Britain but I don't remember one that walked upright. Must be from Wales.

Was Spot a Caitain spy?
Spot was the official cat of the Enterprise D. Being a full blooded cat, and not a Caitian, there wasen't enough ambition to spy on anything other then the platmate that he shared his cabin with. After she was K.I.A. He decided to help bring some culture to the ships official robot, by spending time teaching it the proper way to care for a cat. There where some ups and downs, some meal time issues. Some of the crew wanted to make appearances with him (cat yawn/sigh) and Riker had to be catslapped a few times to keep him in line. He went through a few color phases, changing his stripes and color patterns of his fur, but it was just a fad. But durring the Enterprise D's last mission, Spot is found once more, in the wreckage, kicking back and waiting for rescue. (bonus footage, ST Generations) Although I think he may have retired, as I dont see him any longer. Im guessing he went to live at the Picard vinyards, to cheer up the couple that lost thier kid. =^.^=
Career Officer
# 45
06-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Spot was the official cat of the Enterprise D. Being a full blooded cat, and not a Caitian, there wasen't enough ambition to spy on anything other then the platmate that he shared his cabin with. After she was K.I.A. He decided to help bring some culture to the ships official robot, by spending time teaching it the proper way to care for a cat. There where some ups and downs, some meal time issues. Some of the crew wanted to make appearances with him (cat yawn/sigh) and Riker had to be catslapped a few times to keep him in line. He went through a few color phases, changing his stripes and color patterns of his fur, but it was just a fad. But durring the Enterprise D's last mission, Spot is found once more, in the wreckage, kicking back and waiting for rescue. (bonus footage, ST Generations) Although I think he may have retired, as I dont see him any longer. Im guessing he went to live at the Picard vinyards, to cheer up the couple that lost thier kid. =^.^=
Thank you for the clarification, as the Enterprises E was more of a military rather than exploration ship it would be logical to assume pets went out with the children.

Career Officer
# 46
06-10-2013, 05:30 PM
While hosting a finger painting class in the ships kindergarden facility, there was a tence standoff with a Romulan warbird...will the children get to finish thier pictures before the ship begins rocking from the first volley??
Career Officer
# 47
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
While hosting a finger painting class in the ships kindergarden facility, there was a tence standoff with a Romulan warbird...will the children get to finish thier pictures before the ship begins rocking from the first volley??
If this were the Enterprise D I would say the teachers would let them finish to keep them calm. If this were the Enterprise E it would not happen because there are no children on a warship.

Captain
# 48
06-11-2013, 04:07 PM
The seed of a Progenitor race have produced untold numbers of humanoid and vulcanoid offspring. Most seem very similar with just a few more bumps or spots. Why do you think there are so few feline species in the mix (assuming its believed that they, too, spring from the Prgenitors' efforts)?
Career Officer
# 49
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
The seed of a Progenitor race have produced untold numbers of humanoid and vulcanoid offspring. Most seem very similar with just a few more bumps or spots. Why do you think there are so few feline species in the mix (assuming its believed that they, too, spring from the Prgenitors' efforts)?
One would assume, that once a species has reached its evolutionary peak, there isn't much more further it can evolve without leaving the current plane of excistance =*.*=

...and if you think about it, why do cats sleep so often? One theory could be they periodically enter the astroplane while in a deep meditative excistance. Thats why they are so shocked when you wake them, they are being suddenly pulled back down to thier bodies. They have reached a higher state of consiousness, like that bubble filled world the Traveler took the Enterprise D to that time....someone has to catch those bubbles :3

CatStar =^.^=
Career Officer
# 50
06-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
One would assume, that once a species has reached its evolutionary peak, there isn't much more further it can evolve without leaving the current plane of excistance =*.*=

...and if you think about it, why do cats sleep so often? One theory could be they periodically enter the astroplane while in a deep meditative excistance. Thats why they are so shocked when you wake them, they are being suddenly pulled back down to thier bodies. They have reached a higher state of consiousness, like that bubble filled world the Traveler took the Enterprise D to that time....someone has to catch those bubbles :3

CatStar =^.^=
Or perhaps this is why.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics