Career Officer
# 1 Beards on Romulans
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
So I noticed that I can't put beards or any sort of facial hair on Romulans or my Liberated Borg Romulan. Looked all over and I can't see the drop down menu for it. Can we get this put in please? I'd really love to have a nice beard on my Lib Rommie. It kind of busts my concept for him without it.

On a side note, can we please get the undo/redo buttons back in the creator? It's rather annoying without them.

Thanks.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Captain
# 2
05-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes to all of this.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 3
05-22-2013, 04:18 AM
I had a concept in mind before LOR went live that utilised a beard as well as the "combed down angled" hairstyle (both of which seem to be visible on Romulan NPCs around the flotilla).

After playing through the tutorial as a Romulan, I went back and rolled an Alien with the customisation options I had in mind. It's a bit of a pain seeing Alien underneath your character instead of Romulan but I just justified the choice under the pretext of playing as a half Romulan.

I might end up kicking myself if they add those options latter, but I just wanted to dive in and play with the concept I'd already created than wait for an update that might never come.
Career Officer
# 4
05-22-2013, 04:39 AM
If Vulcans can grow beard (link to canon examples (at the end of the page)) then Romulans should be able to as well.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 5
05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloshadad View Post
I had a concept in mind before LOR went live that utilised a beard as well as the "combed down angled" hairstyle (both of which seem to be visible on Romulan NPCs around the flotilla).

After playing through the tutorial as a Romulan, I went back and rolled an Alien with the customisation options I had in mind. It's a bit of a pain seeing Alien underneath your character instead of Romulan but I just justified the choice under the pretext of playing as a half Romulan.

I might end up kicking myself if they add those options latter, but I just wanted to dive in and play with the concept I'd already created than wait for an update that might never come.
I hear ya. I was very tempted to do this myself, but wanted to play a Lib Borg Rom too much. I'll just put a beard on him when they add them in. Yeah that's right, when and not if. I'll keep bringing this up until I get mah beard haha!

But yeah it's a bit of a buzzkill since my whole concept was a grizzled ex-Borg refugee drifting from colony to colony since even other Romulans don't trust him due to his connection to the collective. What kind of grizzled refugee doesn't have a scruffy beard? Shaving is totally not a priority when you're just trying to survive. For now though I've just played it off as D'Tan made him shave upon joining the Republic. Once I get some beards though I'll tell D'Tan to get bent and grow out a beard anyway.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Rihannsu
# 6
05-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Yes to the op, totally.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
Ensign
# 7
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
I hear ya. I was very tempted to do this myself, but wanted to play a Lib Borg Rom too much. I'll just put a beard on him when they add them in. Yeah that's right, when and not if. I'll keep bringing this up until I get mah beard haha!

But yeah it's a bit of a buzzkill since my whole concept was a grizzled ex-Borg refugee drifting from colony to colony since even other Romulans don't trust him due to his connection to the collective. What kind of grizzled refugee doesn't have a scruffy beard? Shaving is totally not a priority when you're just trying to survive. For now though I've just played it off as D'Tan made him shave upon joining the Republic. Once I get some beards though I'll tell D'Tan to get bent and grow out a beard anyway.
Indeed, I imagine there are many like us who value concept over simply rolling any old character and playing. I just didn't want to play as a character I wasn't completely invested in. I'm happy the alien generator is there to overcome this problem though (to an extent at least). To be honest, I'm satisfied with the fact we have a Romulan faction. That I had to go Alien to get the look I wanted isn't bothering me too much. Still would be nice if we could have more choice in terms of customisation.
Captain
# 8
05-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I was posting this request all through Beta, I had an evil Spock idea floating in my head, but nope. Pretty much every male Rom preset has a 5 O'clock shadow, Vulcan's have full beard options so are we assuming that because Romulans have gained ridged foreheads they've lost the ability to grow facial hair?
Come on guys give us facial hair options for Male Romulans and while you're at it put back the friggin undo button.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Beards would be fantastic. More hairstyles, too.
Lieutenant
# 10
05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Yes, yes yes. Beards need to be added for Romulans. Maybe it's just a missing line from character editor like the vanishing of Gorn "Physique" slider. If so, hoping they both get fixed soon.

Last edited by molikor; 05-23-2013 at 06:37 PM.