Career Officer
# 1 graphics driver crashing
05-21-2013, 04:54 PM
every time i load the game i think there is an issue with the game
Ensign
# 2
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm having a similar issue, the exact error message is:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned an error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) whilst resetting the device

Technical Details: ATI Radeon 5700 series

That is indeed my graphics card, and having checked the minimum required it seems to be fine. And up until the latest past it was working fine, now all of a sudden, poop, won't get past the first loading screen.

Any suggestions beyond the obvious update drivers / direct X? As I've gone through all of that, even installed all the optional updates to my OS, still nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
you update to the latest CCC and get the end user runtimes for direct x?
Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr
USS Stadi/USS Grendel
Dreadnought Class / Avenger Class Refit
"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
05-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Ever since installing LOR, STO has been almost constantly crashing to desktop.

I've tried updating to the latest nVidia drivers, and it only got worse.

Very frustrating.
Ensign
# 5
05-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I have the same issue as hammerdan but with different graphics card

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned an error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) whilst resetting the device
Technical Details: AMD Radeon HD 7560D

I updated everything on my comp, did a dxdiag, checked system requirements. Ran the verify all files check that pops up when you restart after a crash. its still not working.

The game ran fine before the LOR update.
Ensign
# 6
05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm having the same problem: constant crashes to desktop. I did not have these problems before LoR. However, I think my graphics settings might have been reset to max. I just scaled them down and will test again. XFX GTS 250
Republic Veteran
# 7
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Not having the exact same problem here about the video crashing, but i am getting and odd thing happening.

Right after the launcher starts to load the game i get a message window pop up saying i need to choose a lower setting to play, card not supported. If i choose the lower resolution settings, the game will load and play fine, but the funny part is that it still loads the game up and runs at the higher resolution settings.....weird
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Ensign
# 8
05-22-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't know about u guys, but I switched back to DX9 mode the game runs perfectly ever since.
Ensign
# 9
05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I tried the -dx9 switch but that did not help. My game keeps on crashing and even to the point of locking up my computer. I have yet to do a heat temperature monitor run but other than lowering the graphics quality settings there is not much else I can do in order to play this game. I tried updating the video driver since the old one kept on crashing and only lock up on the second or third crash.

I tried this on LoR on Tribble with no problems but now getting all of these problems. Maybe I missed one or two warning signs now that I really think back.
Ensign
# 10
05-23-2013, 03:06 AM
I'm getting a similar error, except the code it gives me is (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE). This started happening after the major update.